BACK TO SCHOOL BENEFIT 2022. A total of three million families would benefit from the back to school benefit this year.
[Mise à jour du mercredi 24 août 2022 à 08h56] Haven’t finished buying your children’s school supplies yet? This year, inflation has pushed prices higher, so much so that low-income families sweat, whose budgets have already been eroded by the surge in consumer prices in recent months. In this context, the Family Allowances Fund (CAF) disbursed the return to school bonus in two installments, on 16 and 18 August, increased by 4% to 3 million families. Are you curious about the other tools you could take advantage of? Here are some of them:
- Scholarships for college and high school: are paid quarterly according to family resources.
- The exceptional back-to-school bonus: arises as part of the series of measures in favor of purchasing power. It is intended for beneficiaries of minimum social benefits (RSA, AAH, etc.), beneficiaries of APL and the activity bonus, as well as students with scholarships. The amount is 100 euros plus 50 euros per child, regardless of the age of the children. The household income is not subject to any prepayment study, scheduled for September 15th.
- The Pass’sport: it you can benefit from a deduction of 50 euros when your child enrolls in a sports club, the Ministry of Sport recalled on Monday. “This coupon is personal and can only be used once at a chosen club, the ministry points out on its website. The Pass’Sport is a tool that can be combined with the other tools most used by the communities.
Here are the categorical net income limits (year 2020, tax invoice received in 2021) to obtain ARS before the start of the 2022 school year. The ceilings for Mayotte are different. The amounts for the 2022 school year were recently announced.
|Number of dependent children||Do not exceed 2020 resources|
|For one more child||+ € 5,855|
Regarding the age of the childThis must be between the ages of 6 and 18. For the beginning of the 2022 school year, his date of birth must therefore be between 16 September 2004 and 31 December 2016 (inclusive). Finally, and this seems logical, the child must be enrolled in the public or private sector to activate ARS. The latter is not granted to educated children within their family.
Does it meet all the conditions? In theory, the payment is made automatically by CAF. However, be careful, depending on your child’s age, some steps may be required. If you are not a beneficiary of the Caf, you must complete a declaration of the family and housing benefit and a declaration of resources. To do this, go to your café or download the online forms. If you have already received the back-to-school bonus and are already a beneficiary of the Caf and your child is over 16, you don’t need to do anything.
Note: it is necessary to have completed the 2022 tax return and have declared the 2020 income to the Caf. If your child was born between September 16, 2004 and December 31, 2016, you must inform your Caf from mid-July that your child is still attending school or that he will start studying at the beginning of the 2022 school year. Done online .
The amounts for the 2022 academic year are as follows:
- € 376.98 for a child aged 6 to 10 ayant attiint l’âge 6 ans avant le 1er janvier qui suit la rentrée scolaire et n’ayant pas attint l’âge de 11 ans au 31 décembre de l’année de la rentrée (ou pour un enfant plus jeune étant déjà inscrit au CP ), subsequently 15.07 euros in September.
- 397.78 euros for a child aged 11 to 14 have turned 11 on 31 December of the year in which the school year begins and not have turned 15 on that date, then 15.91 euros in September.
- 411.56 euro for a child aged 15 to 18 have turned 15 on the date of 31 December of the year in which the school year begins and not have turned 18 on the date of 15 September of the year in which the school year begins, of 16.46 euros in September.
This year the Ministry of Solidarity announced two payment dates: Tuesday 2 August 2022 (in Mayotte and Reunion, where the school year starts earlier) and on Tuesdays August 16, 2022, in other French departments. As part of the Purchasing Power Act, the parliament has adopted a provision by which: the revaluation of some social benefits to 4%, including the school allowance. This will not be visible immediately, but within a few weeks of paying the back to school bonus.
In other words, if you are one of the beneficiaries, you should expect a second back-to-school bonus payout in 2022, starting August 18th. «The 4% increase will be paid to everyone at a later time, with the monthly payment of other benefits, ie at the beginning of September 2022, the Ministry of Solidarity said in a statement. For example, a family in mainland France with a 7-year-old son will receive the school allowance on August 16. Therefore, the amount of the 4% revaluation will be made at the same time as the payment of the other services, approximately 5 September 2022.