Affidavit: Man throws booze in Austin Metro employee’s eyes, threatens store manager with knife

AUSTIN (KXAN) — A man is in jail after he’s accused of throwing alcohol in a Subway employee’s eyes and threatening the store manager with a knife while making racist remarks, according to court documents.

Nathaniel Green, 35, was arrested for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, a second-degree felony, according to an arrest affidavit.

Online jail records also show Green is being held on three other charges: harassment of a public servant, a third-degree felony, obstruction or retaliation, a third-degree felony, and assault causing bodily harm, a misdemeanor.

Combined bail for all those charged was set at $35,000, according to the Travis County Jail Records.

KXAN reached out to Green’s attorney, who said he had no comment at this time.

The affidavit states that on Oct. 24, near a Subway location in south Austin, officers detained Green, who “appeared highly intoxicated,” after the store manager named him as a suspect.

Green was reportedly abusive to officers during that time, according to the affidavit.

The store manager told officers that Green entered the store and began yelling racial slurs, the affidavit said. “He was also throwing objects around and trying to jump over the cash register,” officers wrote in the affidavit.

The affidavit states that Green opened a bottle of alcohol inside and threw the liquid into the eyes of another worker behind the counter. The employee was treated by EMS for burning eyes.

The store manager told officers, after which Green pulled out a knife about seven inches long and threatened to kill the store manager while continuing to make racist remarks. After making threatening comments, Green walked away from the stage towards a bus stop.

While being taken into custody, the affidavit said Green continued to insult and yell at an officer. Green then reportedly spat at the officer and the spit landed on his “right cheek, nose and around his mouth,” the affidavit states.

As Green was being transported to the jail, the affidavit said, he continued to threaten to gouge out the officers’ eyes and bite their faces. “Green made these threats to the two officers several times while he was being transported,” the affidavit states.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *