The new Apple iPhone 14 Pro models come with a new feature called Dynamic Island. It’s an innovative way that allows users to interact with the pill-shaped cutout at the top of the screen. The pill-shaped part is called by the company Dynamic Island.
On the iPhone 14 Pro models, the display pixels around the dynamic island merge into a pill-shaped area that changes size and shape to accommodate various types of alerts, notifications and interactions.
In this article we will try to list all the different types of alerts and background activities supported by the Dynamic Island feature on the Apple iPhone 14 Pro models.
Alerts supported by Dynamic Island on Apple iPhone 14 Pro
- Apple Pay Transaction Confirmations
- AirDrop file transfers
- AirPods connection status and battery life
- Privacy indicators when using the microphone or camera
- Device charge status and battery life
- Low battery warnings
- Indication when silent mode is activated or deactivated
- The focus mode changes
- Face ID unlock
- Lock / unlock car keys
- Unlocking the Apple Watch
- NFC interactions
- AirPlay connections
- Shortcut Actions
- Airplane mode status change alerts
- SIM card alerts
- Accessories connect
- Find my alerts
Background activities supported by Dynamic Island
- Turn-by-turn directions
- The incoming call and the duration of the call
- Remaining time for song playback
- Personal hotspot connection
- Active timers
- Live activity sports scores
- SharePlay sessions
- Screen recording
- Voice memo recordings
Currently, the list contains everything that is supported by Apple’s proprietary applications or apps, and soon third-party apps will also be able to tap into this new interactive feature from Apple.