We hope you enjoy our latest collection of Dale Carnegie quotes.
Dale Carnegie was an inspirational American writer and lecturer.
Tell us which of these Dale Carnegie quotes inspired you the most in the comment section below.
What are the benefits of reading these Dale Carnegie quotes?
Carnegie’s career included public speaking and writing many books about self-improvement.
His story was inspirational in its own right.
Carnegie was born on a farm in Missouri and grew up poor.
He would have to wake up at 3 am to help with the chores before going to school.
These Dale Carnegie quotes will help remind you that:
- your current circumstances do not dictate your future
- hard work and discipline are the keys to success
- fear does not need to hold you back from achieving your dreams
Keep reading these Carnegie quotes to learn more about the famous author and speaker.
Dale Carnegie quotes to live by
These inspirational Dale Carnegie quotes will help you navigate life’s challenges.
1. “Our fatigue is often caused not by work, but by worry, frustration and resentment.” – Dale Carnegie
2. “Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed.” – Dale Carnegie
3. “Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.” – Dale Carnegie
4. “When fate hands you a lemon, make lemonade.” – Dale Carnegie
5. “If you want to conquer fear, don’t sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.” – Dale Carnegie
6. “The successful man will profit from his mistakes and try again in a different way.” – Dale Carnegie
7. “Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success.” – Dale Carnegie
8. “We all have possibilities we don’t know about. We can do things we don’t even dream we can do.” – Dale Carnegie
9. “Happiness doesn’t depend on any external conditions, it is governed by our mental attitude.” – Dale Carnegie
10. “When dealing with people, remember you are not dealing with creatures of logic, but creatures of emotion.” – Dale Carnegie
Dale Carnegie quotes to help improve your life
No matter what you are facing right now, these Dale Carnegie quotes will help you gain perspective.
11. “One of the most tragic things I know about human nature is that all of us tend to put off living. We are all dreaming of some magical rose garden over the horizon instead of enjoying the roses that are blooming outside our windows today.” – Dale Carnegie
12. “Don’t be afraid to give your best to what seemingly are small jobs. Every time you conquer one, it makes you that much stronger. If you do the little jobs well, the big ones will tend to take care of themselves.” – Dale Carnegie
13. “Your purpose is to make your audience see what you saw, hear what you heard, feel what you felt. Relevant detail, couched in concrete, colorful language, is the best way to recreate the incident as it happened and to picture it for the audience.” – Dale Carnegie
14. “Remember happiness doesn’t depend upon who you are or what you have; it depends solely on what you think.” – Dale Carnegie
15. “The person who goes farthest is generally the one who is willing to do and dare. The sure-thing boat never gets far from shore.” – Dale Carnegie
16. “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.” – Dale Carnegie
17. “Instead of worrying about what people say about you, why not spend time trying to accomplish something they will admire.” – Dale Carnegie
18. “Are you bored with life? Then throw yourself into some work you believe in with all your heart, live for it, die for it, and you will find happiness that you had thought could never be yours.” – Dale Carnegie
19. “People rarely succeed unless they have fun in what they are doing.” – Dale Carnegie
Wise Dale Carnegie quotes
These words from Carnegie might make you laugh, but they offer great advice and simple things you can do today to change your life.
20. “Today is life-the only life you are sure of. Make the most of today. Get interested in something. Shake yourself awake. Develop a hobby. Let the winds of enthusiasm sweep through you. Live today with gusto.” – Dale Carnegie
21. “Take a chance! All life is a chance. The man who goes farthest is generally the one who is willing to do and dare.” – Dale Carnegie
22. “Flaming enthusiasm, backed up by horse sense and persistence, is the quality that most frequently makes for success.” – Dale Carnegie
23. “If you believe in what you are doing, then let nothing hold you up in your work. Much of the best work of the world has been done against seeming impossibilities. The thing is to get the work done.” – Dale Carnegie
24. “First ask yourself: What is the worst that can happen? Then prepare to accept it. Then proceed to improve on the worst.” – Dale Carnegie
25. “There are four ways, and only four ways, in which we have contact with the world. We are evaluated and classified by these four contacts: what we do, how we look, what we say, and how we say it.” – Dale Carnegie
How did Dale Carnegie become Dale Carnegie?
When someone achieves their dreams or vastly improves the trajectory of their lives, we often want to know just how they did it.
Sometimes people just want to claim they got lucky and ignore the advice that comes straight from the source.
If you read these Dale Carnegie quotes, you can see how he became the person he was.
He worked hard, like getting up at 3 am to do chores, then going to school, and still finding time to be on the debate team.
He worked hard at a job he didn’t really love, so he could save up enough money to follow his dreams.
Then he took the risk, quitting his job and pursuing his dream of becoming a lecturer.
He actually acted first and failed miserably before having to stay at the YMCA because he had nowhere else to go.
He turned this stay into an opportunity to teach and practice public speaking.
Successful people almost always encounter some great failure, but rather than think negatively about it; they try to find an opportunity to turn that failure into something else.
If you want to hear more from Carnegie, then check out his book, How to Stop Worrying and Start Living.
Share your favorite Dale Carnegie quote with us in the comment section below.
October 22, 2022 10:58 AM EST