ARSENAL will find out their Europa League opponents this week.
Mikel Arteta’s Gunners return to European competition after a year off last season.
Arsenal’s last European campaign saw them reach the semi-finals of the 2020/21 Europa League.
That season they went on to lose in the semi-finals to eventual winners Villarreal.
Villarreal beat Manchester United on penalties that year in the final in Gdansk.
This year’s Europa League kicks off on September 8, but first we have the big draw.
Who could Arsenal get in the Europa League draw?
Arsenal are drawn in Group 1 alongside Roma, Manchester United, Lazio, Braga, Red Star Belgrade and Dynamo Kyiv, so they cannot be drawn against any of those teams.
Clubs from the same association cannot be drawn against each other, so United cannot be talked about in two different ways at this stage.
Taking out the teams in Pot 1, these are the teams Arsenal could face in the group stage draw:
- Nantes (FRA)
- Monaco (FRA)
- Rennes (FRA)
- Real Sociedad (Spain)
- Real Betis (Spain)
- Union Berlin (GERMANY)
- Freiburg (Germany)
- Feyenoord (NED)
- PSV Eindhoven (NED)
- Sturm Graz (AUT)
- Union Saint-Gilloise (Belgium)
- FC Midtjylland (DEN)
- Karabakh (AZE)
- Trabzonspor (Turkey)
- Bodø/Glimt (Norway)
Plus any of these teams to join from their playoff round, with ties to be played tonight:
- Hearts (SCO) or FC Zurich (SWI)
- Shamrock Rovers (Ireland) or Ferencvaros (Hungary)
- AEK Larnaca (CYP) or SC Dnipro-1 (UKR)
- Zalgiris Vilnius (LTU) or Ludogorets (BUL)
- Silkeborg (DEN) or HJK Helsinki (FIN)
- FC Sheriff (MOL) or Pyunik (ARM)
- Fenerbahce (Turkey) or Austria Vienna (Australia)
- Omonia Nicosia (CYP) or Gent (BEL)
- Sivaspor (Turkey) or Malmö (Sweden)
- Olympiakos (GRE) or Apollon Limassol (CYP)
When is the Europa League draw?
- The draw for the group stage of Europe’s second-tier club football competition will take place on Friday, August 26.
- It is scheduled to begin in 12pm UK time – 13:00 local time.
- Istanbul, Turkey will host the draw where Liverpool beat AC Milan in the 2005 Champions League final.
How can I watch the Europa League draw?
- The Europa League group stage draw will be shown LIVE On BT Sport 1 in the United Kingdom.
- BT Sport subscription members can also stream all the action via the BT Sport app or the BT Sport website.
- UEFA will also stream all the action from its official website.
- And BT Sport’s YouTube channel will be showing it for FREE.
The most read in the Europa League
Link to the source