Cuttack: The Cuttack district administration has decided to reduce the capacity of Dhabaleswar suspension bridge after the Morbi tragedy.
After the Morbi bridge collapse incident in Gujarat, the administration decided to limit the capacity of Dabaleswar suspension bridge to 200 people.
By decision of the regional administration, no more than 200 people will be able to move on the suspension bridge at any given time.
The bridge collapsed on Sunday night, killing 141 people.
The police have not identified any accused in the FIR, but have filed a complaint against the suspension bridge repair agency, its management and anyone whose name is revealed during the investigation.
Morbi Divisional Police Inspector B PA Dekavadiya in the FIR said the bridge collapsed around 6:30 pm and by the time a complaint was filed at 8:15 pm, 50 people had been killed and 150 people were suffered minor or serious injuries.
The official alleged in the FIR that the repair agency, agency management without conducting any quality check or feasibility or load-carrying test opened the bridge to visitors.
“This is an act of negligence because visitors have died. It seems that the act was done deliberately. The accused have committed the offense under the IPC of premeditated murder, deadly act and complicity,” the police said. The case will be investigated by Deputy Superintendent of Police PA Zala.
According to police sources, the police have so far detained three persons for questioning.