Sister Quotes About Your Built in Friend
A bond that can never be broken, these beautiful sister quotes will speak straight to your heart about the woman in your life who you’ll always cherish.
Allow these lovely quotes about sisters to inspire you to remind the sister in your life of just how special she is to you.
Tell us your favorite sister quote in the comment section below.
What are the benefits of reading these sister quotes?
Having a good sister is one of the most precious gifts in life.
There are many reasons it’s awesome to have a sister.
A sister makes you a better person.
These sister quotes will:
- Help you express your feelings
- Make your sister smile
- Remind you of all the things that come along with having a sister
According to science, having a sister can boost your mental health and self-esteem.
It is harder to feel lonely, unloved, or guilty when you have a good sister.
Yes, even the squabbling!
Why having a sister is awesome?
When a sister shows you love and affection, it can help you become a more compassionate person who enjoys giving and showing kindness to others.
Besides, a sister will improve your communication skills and help you relate better with others.
Sisters play a vital role in the family, and they all deserve our undying love.
They have to be there for us through all the bad and the good times, and they often know us better than anyone else.
Also, no one will be more honest with you than your sister.
When you’re wrong or do something stupid, they’ll be the first ones to tell you as it is.
Overall, a sister is someone who will push you to make the most out f your Everyday Power to become the best you can be in life.
To celebrate all sisters in the world, here are some beautiful sister quotes to inspire them to grow up to be powerful women in the world.
Don’t forget to check out our collection of parents’ quotes about family and support.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Check out our entire collection of motivational quotes here.
Sister Quotes they Need to Hear and will not Forget
1. “A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost.” — Marion Garretty
2. “A sister is both your mirror and your opposite.” – Elizabeth Fishel
3. “Little sister, don’t you do what your big sister done.” – Elvis Presley
4. “Look inside any sister relationship and you’ll find a wealth of interesting stories.” – Colleen Sell
5. “Sister is our first friend and second mother.” – Sunny Gupta
6. “When sisters stand shoulder to shoulder, who stands a chance against us?” – Pam Brown
7. “The best thing about having a sister was that I always had a friend.” – Cali Rae Turner
8. “A sister is a gift to the heart, a friend to the spirit, a golden thread to the meaning of life.” – Isadora James
9. “You can kid the world, but not your sister.”― Charlotte Gray
10. “Sisters function as safety nets in a chaotic world simply by being there for each other.” – Carol Saline
If you’re enjoying these quotes, read our collection of safety quotes about the power of paying attention.
Sister quotes on how valuable they are
11. “There’s nobody in the world that knows me better than my sister.” – Tia Mowry
12. “We acquire friends and we make enemies, but our sisters come with the territory.” – Evelyn Loeb
13. “How do people make it through life without a sister?”– Sara Corpening
14. “As I grew up, one of my strongest allies has been my sister.” – Patti Smith
15. “My sister ‘was the light of my life’” – Solomon Thomas
16. “My sister is the one person who truly knows me, as I know her.” – Lisa See
17. “Is solace anywhere more comforting than that in the arms of a sister.” – Alice Walker
18. “My sister and I truly are best friends.” – Solange Knowles
19. “Elder sisters never can do younger ones justice!” – Charlotte Mary Yonge
20. “Help one another, is part of the religion of sisterhood.” – Louisa May Alcott
Also read these funny sister quotes celebrating unconditional love.
Sister Quotes about love
21. “She is the only person left in the world who shares my memories.” – Lisa See
22. “A sister’s love is forever, and on your birthday I wish you nothing but the best.” – Danielle Duckery
23. “A sister will always notice her sister’s first gray hairs with glee.” – Allison M. Lee
24. “Once women find sisterhood, there’s nothing stronger.” – Zoe Kravitz
25. “Sweet is the voice of a sister in the season of sorrow.” – Benjamin Disraeli
26. “Sisterhood is a funny thing. It’s easy to recognize, but hard to define.” – Pearl Cleage
27. “Sisters are friends we have for a lifetime.” – Catherine Pulsifer
28. “What’s the good of news if you haven’t a sister to share it?” – James DeVries
29. “My sisters are my favorite people on earth.” – Ryan Phillippe
30. “You’re not my best friend. You’re my sister, and that’s more.” – Jenny Han
Don’t forget to check out these special granddaughter quotes that will warm your heart.
Sister Quotes to celebrate them
31. “Having a sister is like having a best friend you can’t get rid of. You know whatever you do, they’ll still be there.” — Amy Li
32. “A sister is like yourself in a different movie, a movie that stars you in a different life.” – Deborah Tannen
33. “An older sister is a friend and defender – a listener, conspirator, a counselor and a sharer of delights. And sorrows too.” – Pam Brown
34. “A sister smiles when one tells stories—for she knows where the decoration has been added.” – Chris Montaigne
35. “She is your partner in crime, your midnight companion, someone who knows when you are smiling even in the dark.” – Barbara Alpert
36. “That’s the best thing about little sisters: They spend so much time wishing they were elder sisters that in the end they’re far wiser than the elder ones could ever be.” – Gemma Gurgess
37. “When our hair is white, we’ll still have our sister love.” – Lisa See
38. “What are sisters for if not to point out the things the rest of the world is too polite to mention.” – Claire Cook
39. “I always like to win. But I’m the big sister. I want to make sure she has everything, even if I don’t have anything. It’s hard. I love her too much. That’s what counts.” – Venus Williams
40. “Sisters will always love you tomorrow no matter what you do today.” – Marinela Reka
You might also like these powerful sisterhood quotes to share with your tribe
Inspirational sister quotes
41. “My sister taught me everything I really need to know, and she was only in sixth grade at the time.” – Linda Sunshine
42. “Growing up there were times when I was pretty mad at you, but now that we are grown up I can’t imagine what I would do without you. Thanks, Sis!” – Robert Rivers
43. “Sisters are best friends, they are advisors, they are teachers, and best of all they are people with whom you can talk with about anything – someone you have a special bond with!” – Catherine Pulsifer
44. “A sister is a dearest friend, a closest enemy, and an angel at the time of need.”― Debasish Mridha
45. “I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness.” – Emily Dickinson
46. “Having a elder sister is just like a diamond in darkest room.” – Pratiksha Prajapati
47. “Come on Grace, I’m not going to tell on you. I’m your sister.’ And that’s all she has to say.”― Robin Epstein
48. “My sister is a big part of my actual style. Our style is not similar whatsoever, but she helped me find myself and find what I really liked.” – Sofia Richie
49. “Sisters are the people we practice on, the people who teach us about fairness and cooperation and kindness and caring – quite often the hard way.” – Pamela Dugdale
50. “A Sister can be seen as someone who is both ourselves and very much not ourselves – a special kind of double.” – Toni Morrison
If you’re enjoying these quotes, read our collection of father daughter quotes about their unbreakable bond.
Sister quotes to brighten your day
51. “Husbands come and go; children come and eventually they go. Friends grow up and move away. But the one thing that’s never lost is your sister.” – Gail Sheeny
52. “My sister and I are so close that we finish each other’s sentences and often wonder who’s memories belong to whom.”– Shannon Celebi
53. “Sisterly love is, of all sentiments, the most abstract. Nature does not grant it any functions.”– Ugo Betti
54. “Without her and her sickness, I would not be here. And without me being a perfect match for my sister, she would not be here as well.” – Marissa Ayala
55. “I’ve always admired my little sister because she’s able to play with no fear. She’s a cutthroat player when it comes to taking risks.” – Ashley Prange
56. “Sisters. Because we all need someone who will defend us behind our back and then call us on our shit to our face.” – Brooke Hampton
57. “She is the mother I never had, she is the sister everybody would want. She is the friend that everybody deserves. I don’t know a better person.” – Oprah Winfrey
58. “She’s always there for me when I need her. She’s my best friend. She’s just my everything.” – Ashley Olsen
59. “To have a loving relationship with a sister is not simply to have a buddy or a confident, it is to have a soulmate for life.” — Victoria Secunda
60. “Parents die, daughters grow up and marry out, but sisters are for life.” – Lisa Lee
You might also like these niece quotes for every proud aunt and uncle.
Sister quotes that she’ll love
61. “You may be as different as the sun and the moon, but the same blood flows through both your hearts. You need her, as she needs you.” – George R.R. Martin
62. “Only a sister, an alternative self, could inspire such a sordid mix of disgust and envy.” – Namwali Serpell
63. “Sisters are reliably good for two things: hating and loving.” – Jessica Knoll
64. “Sisters share a bond unlike any other – thornier, but also tender, full of possibility.” – Joy McCullough
65. “Nobody fights you like your own sister; nobody else knows the most vulnerable parts of you and will aim for them without mercy.” – Jojo Moyes
66. “Life has its ups and downs, times of sadness and times of joy. You, little sister, have been through it all with me, thanks for being there.” – Catherine Pulsifer
67. “The best gift by god after your parents in this world is your sister.” – Sacheenrjain
68. “A woman without her sister is like a bird without her wings.” – Moosa Rahat
69. “Big sisters are the crab grass in the lawn of life.” – Charles M. Schulz
70. “Love, Mercy, and Grace, sisters all, attend your wounds of silence and hope.” – Aberjhani
You might also like these cousin quotes that perfectly describe your bond.
Other sister quotes and sayings
71. “We didn’t want to admit it then, but we were friends. Best friends.” – Shannon Celebi
72. “I could never love anyone as I love my sisters.” – Amy, ‘Little Women’
73. “I learned many life lessons from watching my big sister make mistakes!” – Kate Summers
74. “We may look old and wise to the outside world. But to each other, we are still in junior school.” – Charlotte Gray
75. “If I was to give you three words to describe my big sister: encourager, supporter, and amazing!” – Ann Butler
76. “Big sisters are the crabgrass in the lawn of life.” – Charles M. Schulz
77. “It’s like having a big sister around who’s been able to show me some things about myself and about life and about this crazy sort of career thing.” – Stevie Nicks
78. “My sisters are my treasures, the women that keep me grounded.” – Daniela Pesconi-Athur
79. “A little sister you once were, but now a great friend you are!” – Catherine Pulsifer
80. “Also remember, sisters, make the best friends in the world. As for lovers, well, they’ll come and go too.” – Marilyn Monroe
Sister quotes that remind you they are your best friend
81. “I love my little sister to death.” – Michael Trevino
82. “Words that describe you: my wise sister, my confidant, and my best friend.” — Catherine Pulsifer
83. “Sister we don’t know what the future holds but we always know we are there for each other.” — Catherine Pulsifer
84. “Sister. You are not only a strong woman, you are the strongest tie to the best years of my life.” — Melanie J. Pellowski
85. “It is to be treasured when sisters are close or best friends, and what a loss for both of them when they aren’t.” — Linda Hale Bucklin
86. “Your sister is a jewel, a priceless, one-of-a-kind gem who makes living precious for many people, including you.” — Dave Pipitone
87. “Sister you were the one I always told on, now you’re the friend I always lean on. I count my blessings everyday for you.” — Catherine Pulsifer
88. “Appreciation I send to you my sister, for always being there, for your support and encouragement. On you I can always count.” — Catherine Pulsifer
89. “Parents are just parents, brothers are just brothers, best friends are just best friends, even husbands are just husbands, but sisters—well, sisters are the ones to whom sisters always turn in times of joy or trouble, celebration or crisis.” — Lorraine Bodger
90. “Often, in old age, the sisters become each other’s chosen and most happy companions. In addition to their shared memories of childhood and their relationship to each other’s children, they . . . carry the echoes of their mother’s voice.” — Margaret Mead
Sister quotes that will make you want to hug and pull their hair at the same time
91. “For there is no friend like a sister in calm or stormy weather; To cheer one on the tedious way, to fetch one if one goes astray, to lift one if one totters down, to strengthen whilst one stands.” – Christina Rossetti
92. “Sister is probably the most competitive relationship within the family, but once the sisters are grown, it becomes the strongest relationship.” – Margaret Mead
93. “There can be no situation in life in which the conversation of my dear sister will not administer some comfort to me.” – Mary Wortley Montagu
94. “Whatever you do they will love you; even if they don’t love you they are connected to you till you die. You can be boring and tedious with -sisters, whereas you have to put on a good face with friends.” – Deborah Moggach
95. “If sisters were free to express how they really feel, parents would hear this: “Give me all the attention and all the toys and send Rebecca to live with Grandma.” – Linda Sunshine
96. “One of the best things about being an adult is the realization that you can share with your sister and still have plenty for yourself.” – Betsy Z. Cohen
97. “You keep your past by having sisters. As you get older, they’re the only ones who don’t get bored if you talk about your memories.” – Deborah Moggach
98. “Actually, Keke is my nickname. When I was little, my sister was about four years old, and she had an imaginary friend named Keke. And she wanted my name to be Keke.” – Keke Palmer
99. “My older sister encouraged me from early on and bought me one of the first guitars I had. She listened to all of the crappy songs that I wrote when I was 8 years old and encouraged me to keep doing it.” – Tracy Chapman
100. “When I was younger, my sister thought it was funny to pretend to punch me in the face because my mom was concerned about my teeth falling out. They were loose for a long time, and she knocked out my teeth.” – Amy Adams
Little sister quotes
101. “Little sisters can be a pain, but the big sister heroine worship can’t be beat.” – Allison M. Lee
102. “Even though you are my little sister, your hugs during the difficult times in my life, have been like a hug from God.” – Kate Summers
103. “Growing up you sometimes got the blame for things I did, but you always loved me not matter what. Now that I am older you my sister I am grateful for.” – Kate Summers
104. “A sister is both your mirror and your opposite.” – Elizabeth Fishel
105. “At this point, none of us are sure why we fight. We’re sisters. We need no good reason to fight, even though we have plenty of them.” — Ken Wheaton
Amazing Sister Quotes To Spice Up Sisterhood Relationships
106. “She is my sounding board, my confidante, my keeper of secrets – and my best friend.” – Kathleen O’Keefe
107. “God sent me an angel when he gave me you as a sister.” – Catherine Pulsifer
108. “Sisters share the scent and smells – the feel of a common childhood.” – Pam Brown
109. “I suppose there are sisters that don’t compete. I have never met one.” – Lisa Grunwald
110. “Of two sisters, one is always the watcher, one the dancer.” – Louise Gluck
111. “Each family of sisters has a language and a turn of phrase all its own.” – Barbara Mathias
112. “Sister, you will always be a special part of my life.” – Catherine Pulsifer
113. “Other things may change us, but we start and end with family.” – Anthony Brandt
114. “Sisters become more beautiful as each day passes by.” – Michelle Malm
115. “A sister travels with you always. She is only a whisper or a thought or a prayer away..She moves through our lives with us.” – Roxie Kelley
Sister Quotes To Enjoy The Bond
116. “My sister and I never engaged in sibling rivalry. Our parents weren’t that crazy about either one of us.” ― Erma Bombeck
117. “My major influence was my ten years older sister.” ― Willa Ford
118. “I always went to my sister, because she was older and had the care of me after my mother died.” ― Lizzie Borden
119. “Sisters never quite forgive each other for what happened when they were five.” ― Pam Brown
120. “There’s no better friend than a sister.” ― Mary Engelbreit
121. “It was my sister Maureen who was responsible for my becoming a Reagan.” ― Michael Reagan
122. “I was a bratty little sister. I was the youngest of three, and I often felt as though I didn’t fit in.” ― Dorothy Hamill
123. “I’m the oldest and I’ve got two sisters.” ― Lisa Snowdon
124. “When I was growing up, I always read horror books, while my sister read romance novels.” ― Dorothy Allison
125. “I can’t wait for my little sisters to start dating, because it will really be fun to pick on their boyfriends.” ― David Gallagher
Which of these quotes about sisters was your favorite?
One of the most important things you can have in life is having a loyal, loving, honest, compassionate, and trustworthy sister who listens well.
Hopefully, these quotes about sisters have reminded you why all sisters need love and how they play an important role in the family.
Did you enjoy these sister quotes?
Which of the quotes was your favorite?
We would love to hear all about it in the comment section below.
October 23, 2022 5:00 AM EST