National Unity Day or Rashtriya Ekta Diwas is celebrated on October 31 in India. It marks the birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, the Iron Man of India.
Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, India’s first Home Minister, played a major role in convincing 560 princely states to join the Union of India. Due to his efforts towards the national integration, he is referred to as the “Iron Man of India ”.
On this occasion, here are some inspirational quotes by Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
- Every Indian should now forget that he is a Rajput, a Sikh, or a Jat. He must remember that he is an Indian and he has every right in his country but with certain duties.
- Non-violence has to be observed in thought, word, and deed. The measure of our non-violence will be the measure of our success.
- Two ways of building character – cultivating the strength to challenge oppression, and tolerate the resultant hardships that give rise to courage and awareness.
- There is something unique in this soil, which despite many obstacles has always remained the abode of great souls.
- The stiffer the opponent the more should our affection go out to him. That is the significance of Satyagraha.
- The negligence of a few could easily send a ship to the bottom, but if it has the wholehearted cooperation of all on board it can be safely brought to the part.
- Work is undoubtedly worship but laughter is life. Anyone who takes life too seriously must prepare himself for a miserable existence. Anyone who greets joys and sorrows with equal facility can really get the best of life.
- Take to the path of dharma the path of truth and justice. Don’t misuse your valor. Remain united. March forward in all humility, but fully awake to the situation you face, demanding your rights and firmness.
- Little pools of water tend to become stagnant and useless, but if they are joined together to form a big lake the atmosphere is cooled and there is universal benefit.
- Faith is of no evil in absence of strength. Faith and strength, both are essential to accomplish any great work.
- A war based on Satyagraha is always of two kinds. One is the war we wage against injustice, and the other we fight our own weaknesses.
- Manpower without unity is not a strength unless it is harmonized and united properly, then it becomes a spiritual power.