Relationship Quotes Celebrating Real Love
Whether you’ve been together for a short time or a long time, these inspirational relationship quotes will remind you of just how amazing your special person is in your life.
Read on, and don’t forget to share these cute love quotes and sayings with them, too!
While you are at it, tell us which one was your favorite in the comment section below.
What are the benefits of reading these relationship quotes?
These quotes about relationships have significance because they relate to us on a personal, deeper level.
With our relationships, nothing rings truer than these concepts.
These relationship quotes will:
- Push us to be better, do better, act better, or think better.
- Help improve communication skills
- Improve intimacy
- Help you better understand your partner
- Encourage you to fall in love with your partner every day
Here are some inspirational love relationship quotes that will hopefully stop and make you think about why you fell in love with this person in the first place!
You want to be the best version of yourself in this relationship, and these relationship quotes will give you a good point to start from!
Start improving your relationship today
While many of us may find quotes cutesy or boringly cliché, there are many that have stood up to the test of time or struck a chord within.
The ones that last and that make us wonder why we stopped and took notice are because there is something about them that resonates and rings true to our core.
Don’t forget to also read our collection of cute crush quotes on the power of love at first sight.
Inspirational Relationship Quotes
1. “I’m not telling you it is going to be easy- I am telling you it is going to be worth it.” – Art Williams
- Relationships are never easy all the time, but if you care about the person enough, you are willing to do whatever work it takes to make it last.
2. “It doesn’t matter who hurt you, or broke you down. What matters is who made you smile again.”
- Too often a relationship becomes about keeping score of who wins and who loses. If you care about that person enough, none of that matters, it just matters that the two of you can find a way to come to an agreement and move forward.
3. “Relationships end too soon because people stop putting in the same effort to keep you, as they did to win you.”
- This is an important one to think about, as it has a great deal to do with the constant appreciation we need to show for each other.
4. “There is no challenge strong enough to destroy your marriage as long as you are both willing to stop fighting against each other, and start fighting for each other. “ – Dave Willis
- This is a great concept. The understanding that there is nothing that each of you is strong enough to accomplish on your own, as you would be together.
5. “He can’t read your mind. So take a moment to let him know how you really feel.”
- This seems so obvious, but often goes unspoken. As we get further and further into a relationship, we assume the other person knows how we feel. This is not true, it remains just as important to tell always clarify how we are feeling for our partner.
6. “Sometimes you fall in love with the most unexpected person at the most unexpected time.”
- In this day of people searching so hard, and on such a deadline to meet people, we often forget that we most often meet people when we least expect it. When we are completely off guard, and being completely ourselves.
7. “Whether it is a friendship or a relationship, all bonds are built on trust. Without it, you have nothing.”
- This really is as simple as it sounds. Without trust, there is nothing. If we do not trust our partner, how can there ever be peace in the relationship?
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of simple quotes that will help you live a simply beautiful life.
8. “Apologizing does not mean that you’re wrong and the other person is right. It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.”
- This ties back to the concept of keeping score. Sometimes it is not about winning the argument, it is about winning the affections and happiness of your partner.
9. “Don’t talk, just act. Don’t say, just show. Don’t promise, just prove.”
- This ties into one simple concept, let your actions meet your words. People get tired of hearing the same things over and over that never get done. Be a person of substance, a person of action, a person who does what they say.
10. “We don’t meet people by accident. They are meant to cross our path for a reason.”
- Believe that good or bad, everyone comes into your life, and into a relationship with you for a reason. Whether it is to have an undying love, or whether it is to further define what you want in a relationship remains to be seen.
Don’t forget to use these missing someone quotes to make your feelings known.
11. “The greatest relationships are the ones you never expected to be in.”
- Time and again, the relationships that you hear people say, “I would have never seen them together,” are the best ones. They are the ones where people have let go of the unrealistic images we have of our ideal person, and open themselves to possibilities.
12. “You can’t just give up on someone because the situation is not ideal. Great relationships are not great because they have no problems. They are great because both people care enough about the other person to find a way to make it work.”
- Remember this point, as it is important. The person you are with now, is not anyone you have been with before. Do not hold the crimes of the past against the person in your present.
13. “A true relationship is two imperfect people refusing to give up on each other.”
- This points out the obvious point that we are not perfect. No one if. Love and strong relationships are when two people deeply care for each other despite these imperfections.
14. “The best feeling in the world is knowing that you actually mean something to someone.”
- It is as simple as that. It is a deeply warm and powerful feeling to know that we mean something special to someone else. That to them, there is no one in this world quite like us.
15. “All relationships go through hell, real ones get through it.”
- If people who have been together for any length of time tell you that they have never been through tough times, question their honesty. It is the belief that relationships are not disposable, they are worth working for.
16. “A good relationship is when someone accepts your past, supports your present, and encourages your future.”
- In a strong relationship, you never holds the transgressions of someone’s past against them. They should never come up at all. You are very active and supportive of them in the present, and you are encouraging of their future goals.
17. “The moment you start to wonder if you deserve better, you do.”
- While marriage is hard work, while it is far from disposable, when we start to truly believe that we are in a relationship that is not one of equals, we deserve better. This can mean a lot of things, whether you deserve better in the relationship, or out of it.
18. “Don’t let someone change who you are, to become what they need.”
- The hope is that your partner fell in love with you for who you are, do not change yourself to fill the voids of what they need to feel complete. They are the only person who can do that for themselves.
19. “A perfect relationship is not perfect, it’s just that both people never gave up.”
- There is no such thing as a perfect relationship, there is only such a thing as a relationship that has persevered despite all the odds and all the obstacles.
20. “No matter how busy a person’s day may be, if they really care, they will always find time for you.”
- Such a simple but true thought, and one we should ask ourselves. If someone is important to us, we will find a way to tell them, even for a minute. If we are important to someone, they will find a way as well.
Also read these quotes about dating and modern romance.
Relationship quotes to inspire your love
21. “Far too many people are looking for the right person, instead of trying to be the right person.” – Gloria Steinem
22. “Assumptions are the termites of relationships.”— Henry Winkler
23. “Truth is everybody is going to hurt you: you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for.” – Bob Marley
24. “Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.” – Aristotle
25. “We were together even when we were apart.” – Shannon A. Thompson
26. “When someone loves you, the way they talk about you is different. You feel safe and comfortable.” ― Jess C. Scott, The Intern
27. “True love is your soul’s recognition of its counterpart in another.” –
John, from Wedding Crashers
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Wedding Crashers quotes about the importance of a good party
28. “Cheating and lying aren’t struggles, they’re reasons to break up.”
― Patti Callahan Henry
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of cheating quotes that will empower you during this difficult time.
29. “We loved with a love that was more than love.” – Edgar Allan Poe
30. “People are lonely because they build walls instead of bridges.”— Joseph F. Newton
You might also like these cute boyfriend quotes.
Relationship quotes to strengthen your relationship
31. “We are afraid to care too much, for fear that the other person does not care at all.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
32. “You’re my reflection, all I see is you.” – Justin Timberlake
33. “They may forget what you said, but they will never forget how you made them feel.”— Carl W. Buechner
34. “The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.” – Audrey Hepburn
35. “There are no goodbyes for us. Wherever you are, you will always be in my heart.” – Mahatma Gandhi
36. “When you stop expecting people to be perfect, you can like them for who they are.” ― Donald Miller
37. “One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life. That word is love.” – Sophocles
38. When you don’t talk, there’s a lot of stuff that ends up not getting said.”
― Catherine Gilbert Murdock
39. “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” – Lao Tzu
40. “A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.”– Walter Winchell
Relationship quotes to nourish your soul
41. “Forgiveness is the oil of all relationships.”
42. “The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed.” – Carl Jung
43. “Everything you want in life is a relationship away.”― Idowu Koyenikan
44. “The person you’re meant to be with will never have to be chased, begged or given an ultimatum.” – Mandy Hale
45. “Be sure it’s your real self you’re showing. Because it is your real self that needs to be loved.”― Daphne Rose Kingma
46. “Fall in love with someone who makes you glad to be different.” – Sue Zhao
47. “If he can’t handle you at your worst then he does not deserve you at your best. Real love means seeing beyond the words spoken out of pain, and instead seeing a person’s soul.”― Shannon Alder
48. “No road is long with good company.”— Turkish Proverb
49. “Constant kindness can accomplish much. As the sun makes ice melt, kindness causes misunderstanding, mistrust and hostility to evaporate.”— Albert Schweitzer
50. “No matter how much you love someone, you still want to have your own way.”― Chuck Palahniuk
You might also like these hug quotes for when you need one.
Inspirational love relationship quotes
51. “The true measure of a man is how he treats you when others are not looking.”― Alessandra Torre
52. “Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind/And therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” – William Shakespeare
53. “Love is a two-way street constantly under construction.” – Carroll Bryant
54. “People generally didn’t cheat in good relationships.”― Emily Giffin
55. “I exist in two places, here and where you are.” – Margaret Atwood
56. “If you look for it, I’ve got a sneaky feeling that love actually is all around.” – The Prime Minister, from Love, Actually
57. “Maybe you don’t need the whole world to love you. Maybe you just need one person.” – Kermit the Frog
58. “Love is something eternal; the aspect might change, but not the essence.” – Vincent Van Gogh
59. “Deep in your wounds are seeds, waiting to grow beautiful flowers.” – Niti Majethia
60. “Life takes a bit of time and a lot of relationships.”― Wm. Paul Young
If you’re enjoying this collection of quotes, then you’ll love our collection of short inspirational quotes that will help you remain positive and optimistic.
Quotes about relationships
61. “Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.” – Marcel Proust
62. “In any relationship in which two people become one, the end result is two half people.”― Wayne W. Dyer
63. “You’re more likely to talk about nothing than something. But I just want to say that all this nothing has meant more to me than so many somethings.” – Kathleen, from You’ve Got Mail
64. “It is better to love wisely, no doubt: but to love foolishly is better than not to be able to love at all.” — William Makepeace Thackeray
65. “You deserve someone who is utterly obsessed with you.” – Ella December
66. “In the end there doesn’t have to be anyone who understands you. There just has to be someone who wants to.” – Robert Breault
67. “You know it’s love when all you want is that person to be happy, even if you’re not part of their happiness.”— Julia Roberts
68. “Shared joy is a double joy; shared sorrow is half a sorrow.”— Swedish Proverb
69. “Love is when you meet someone who tells you something new about yourself.”— Andre Breton
70. “Someone to tell it to is one of the fundamental needs of human beings.”— Miles Franklin
Insightful relationship quotes
71. “Nobody has ever measured, not even poets, how much the heart can hold.” – Zelda Fitzgerald
72. “The intense happiness of our union is derived in a high degree from the perfect freedom with which we each follow and declare our own impressions.”– George Eliot
73. “Ultimately the bond of all companionship, whether in marriage or in friendship, is conversation.”– Oscar Wilde
74. “Having someone wonder where you are when you don’t come home at night is a very old human need.” – Margaret Mead
75. “The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness.” – Neale Donald Walsch
76. “A relationship requires a lot of work and commitment.” – Greta Scacchi
77. “Indifference and neglect often do much more damage than outright dislike.” – J.K. Rowling
78. “The extent to which two people in a relationship can bring up and resolve issues is a critical marker of the soundness of a relationship.” – Henry Cloud
79. “You can measure the happiness of a marriage by the number of scars that each partner carries on their tongues, earned from years of biting back angry words.” – Elizabeth Gilbert
80. “We have to recognize that there cannot be relationships unless there is commitment, unless there is loyalty, unless there is love, patience, persistence.” – Cornel West
Other inspirational relationship quotes
81. “The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard—they must be felt with the heart.” – Helen Keller
82. “The ultimate test of a relationship is to disagree but to hold hands.” – Alexandra Penney
83. “A healthy relationship will never require you to sacrifice your friends, your dreams, or your dignity.” – Dinkar Kalotra
84. “You don’t develop courage by being happy in your relationships everyday. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity.” – Epicurus
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of survival quotes to motivate you to keep going.
85. “Trouble is part of your life, and if you don’t share it, you don’t give the person who loves you enough chance to love you enough.” – Dinah Shore
86. “Love in such a way that the person you love feels free.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
87. “What do we live for, if it is not to make life less difficult for each other?” – George Eliot
88. “The relationship between husband and wife should be one of closest friends.” – B. R. Ambedkar
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of husband quotes to make him feel appreciated.
89. “To know when to go away and when to come closer is the key to any lasting relationship.” – Doménico Cieri Estrada
90. “Relationships, marriages are ruined where one person continues to learn, develop and grow and the other person stands still.” – Catherine Pulsifer
Relationship quotes that will make your day
91. “Don’t walk in front of me; I may not follow. Don’t walk behind me; I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.” – Albert Camus
92. “Do what you did in the beginning of the relationship and there won’t be an end.” – Anthony Robbins
93. “Love alone can rekindle life.” – Henri Frederic Amiel
94. “No relationship is perfect, ever. There are always some ways you have to bend, to compromise, to give something up in order to gain something greater.” – Sarah Dessen
95. “Souls tend to go back to who feels like home.” – N. R. Heart
96. “Each relationship nurtures a strength or weakness within you.” – Mike Murdock
97. “A woman knows the face of the man she loves as a sailor knows the open sea.” – Honore de Balzac
98. “In the end there doesn’t have to be anyone who understands you. There just has to be someone who wants to.” – Robert Brault
99. “True friendship comes when the silence between two people is comfortable.” – David Tyson Gentry
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our selection of friendship quotes celebrating life-long relationships.
100. “The most important ingredient we put into any relationship is not what we say or what we do, but what we are.” – Stephen R. Covey
Quotes about relationships and Love
101. “Have enough courage to trust love one more time and always one more time.” – Maya Angelou
102. “When you’re in a relationship and it’s good, even if nothing else in your life is right, you feel like your whole world is complete.” – Keith Sweat
103. “Love is a game that two can play and both can win.” – Eva Gabor
104. “For the two of us, home isn’t a place. It is a person. And we are finally home.” – Stephanie Perkins
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of home quotes that will make you appreciate where you lay your head.
105. “Age does not protect you from love. But love, to some extent, protects you from age.” – Jeanna Moreau
106. “It is the things in common that make relationships enjoyable, but it is the little differences that make them interesting.” – Todd Ruthman
107. “What love we’ve given, we’ll have forever. What love we fail to give, will be lost for all eternity.” – Leo Buscaglia
108. “In relationships, the little things are the big things.” – Stephen Covey
109. “Intimacy is the capacity to be rather weird with someone and finding that that’s ok with them.” – Alain de Botton
110. “Three things I want in a relationship: Eyes that won’t cry, lips that won’t lie, and love that won’t die.” – Wiz Khalifa
Relationship quotes to inspire and teach
111. “There is only one happiness in this life, to love and be loved.” — George Sand
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of love of my life quotes to help you celebrate the amazing people in your life.
112. “Love is a promise, love is a souvenir, once given never forgotten, never let it disappear.” – John Lennon
113. “Every couple needs to argue now and then. Just to prove that the relationship is strong enough to survive. Long-term relationships, the ones that matter, are all about weathering the peaks and the valleys.” ― Nicholas Sparks
114. “Don’t settle for a relationship that won’t let you be yourself.” – Oprah
115. “What greater thing is there for two human souls than to feel that they are joined for life… to strengthen each other… to be at one with each other in silent unspeakable memories.” – George Eliot, ‘Adam Bede’
116. “It’s a humbling thing when you find someone to love. Even better if you’ve been waiting your whole life.” – George Clooney
117. “One day you will ask me which is more important? My life or yours? I will say mine and you will walk away not knowing that you are my life.” – Kahlil Gibran
118. “There’s no perfect relationship. All relationships are work. If you put in the work, you’ll reap the rewards.” – Jesse Metcalfe
119. “Love is an endless act of forgiveness. Forgiveness is me giving up the right to hurt you for hurting me.” – Beyoncé
120. “I love her and it is the beginning of everything.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of love quotes for her to help you express your feelings.
Relationship quotes to enlighten you
121. “Stick to the basics: Hold on to your family and friends—they will never go out of fashion.” —Niki Taylor
122. “A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down.” —Arnold H. Glasgow
123. “Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo. But what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.” —Oprah Winfrey
124. “If I had a flower for every time thought of you… I could walk through my garden forever.” – Alfred Tennyson
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of garden quotes about the power of nature.
125. “Never above you. Never below you. Always beside you.” —Walter Winchell
126. “The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds.” – Nicholas Sparks
127. “Treasure your relationships, not your possessions.” —Anthony J. D’Angelo
128. “Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.” – Emily Bronte
129. “Intense love does not measure, it just gives.” —Mother Teresa
130. “I think we dream so we don’t have to be apart for so long. If we’re in each other’s dreams, we can be together all the time.” – A.A. Milne
Relationship quotes to inspire you on your journey together
131. “The biggest difference trust makes in any relationship – and not just an intimate one – is that you can relax, be open, be yourself.” – Mira Kirshenbaum
132. “In true love the smallest distance is too great and the greatest distance can be bridged.” – Hans Nouwens
133. “Being good to yourself equates to having a positive relationship with yourself and higher self-esteem.” – Sophie Winters
134. “Love will travel as far as you let it. It has no limits.” – Dee King
135. “When you cultivate quality relationships, not only do you feel better and help your friends feel better, but you contribute to an increase of joy, love, and peace in the world.” – Tara Bianca
136. “Beyond friendships adding to the list of improving life success and happiness, experts also assert that supportive relationships improve our odds of survival by fifty percent.” – Shasta Nelson
137. “Don’t give up at the first signs of friction: only through clear communication, flexibility and willingness to adapt can you find a relationship that will weather the storms of life.” – Tom Miles
138. “Our lack of attention means we don’t notice or we miss much that is going on and this affects our relationships.” – Anna Black
139. “Forgiveness is essential for every kind of relationship we have.” – Barbara J Hunt
140. “Trust in a relationship is very crucial. Without trust, a relationship cannot last as a healthy and happy bond.” – Alana Johnson
Relationship quotes for couples
141. “If you find someone you love in your life, then hang on to that love.”— Princess Diana
142. “When you have once seen the glow of happiness on the face of a beloved person, you know that a man can have no vocation but to awaken that light on the faces surrounding him. In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.”― Albert Camus
144. “If you live to be one hundred, I want to live a hundred minus one day, so I would never have to live a day without you.” — A.A. Milne, “Winnie the Pooh”
145. “So long as there is a little real friendship and a desire to help each other that is sufficient.” – Nathan Bisrizki
146. “She was trouble. Chaos really. But her smile. Her smile dared me to fall in love with her.” — Atticus
If you’re enjoying these quotes, check out our Atticus quotes from the New York Times best-selling poet.
147. “Be patient and open-minded in your interactions with others; find the positive attributes that they possess.” – Roy T. Bennett
148. “The most precious gift we can offer anyone is our attention. When mindfulness embraces those we love, they will bloom like flowers.” – Nhat Hanh
149. “Relationships are like Rome — difficult to start out, incredible during the prosperity of the ‘golden age’, and unbearable during the fall. Then, a new kingdom will come along and the whole process will repeat itself until you come across a kingdom like Egypt… that thrives, and continues to flourish. This kingdom will become your best friend, your soul mate, and your love.” – Helen Keller
150. “Take my love. I’ll never ask for too much. Just all that you are. And everything that you do.” – Whitney Houston
You might also like these know your worth quotes to boost your self-esteem.
Beautiful and cute relationship quotes
151. “Affection is when you see someone’s strengths; love is when you accept someone’s flaws.” – One Day
152. “I love you, but you don’t know what you’re talking about.” – Moonrise Kingdom
153. “My great hope is to laugh as much as I cry; to get my work done and try to love somebody and the courage to accept the love in return.” – Maya Angelou
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Maya Angelou quotes celebrating success, love & life.
154. “The emotion that can break your heart is sometimes the very one that heals it.”—Nicholas Sparks
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of heart break quotes about moving on from a break up.
155. “You and I, it’s as though we have been taught to kiss in heaven and sent down to earth together, to see if we know what we were taught.” – Boris Pasternak
156. “You are my greatest adventure.” – The Incredibles
157. “That’s how you know you love someone, I guess when you can’t experience anything without wishing the other person were there to see it, too.” – Kaui Hart Hemmings
158. “I saw that you were perfect, and so I loved you. Then I saw that you were not perfect, and I loved you even more.” – Angelita Lim
159. “The pain of parting is nothing to the joy of meeting again.” – Charles Dickens
160. “I am who I am because of you. You are every reason, every hope, and every dream I’ve ever had.” – Nicholas Sparks
You might also like these I’m Sorry quotes for when you can’t find the right words.
Relationship quotes to brighten your day
161. “You meet thousands of people and none of them really touch you. And then you meet one person and your life is changed forever.” – Love & Other Drugs
162. “… When I look at you, I can feel it. And… and I look, and I… and I’m home.” – Finding Nemo
163. “Since the invention of the kiss, there have been only five kisses that were rated the most passionate, the most pure. This one left them all behind.” – The Princess Bride
164. “A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality.”—Yoko Ono
165. “You are my heart, my life, my one and only thought.” – Arthur Conan Doyle
166. “And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make…”
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Beatles quotes that reach for a better world.
167. “I will return. I will find you. Love you. Marry you. And live without shame.” – Atonement
168. “But I must admit, I miss you quite terribly. The world is too quiet without you nearby.” – Lemony Snicket
169. “We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.” – Sam Keen
170. “I would rather share one lifetime with you, than face all the ages of this world alone.” – Lord of the Rings
Don’t forget to also read this collection of love quotes for him for more inspiration to help you make him feel special?
Relationship quotes that will make you more connected
171. “Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other.”— Dalai Lama
172. “If you love yourself you love others, if you hate yourself you hate others, because in relationship with others it is only you mirrored.” – Osho
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Osho quotes on how to live life and find inspiration.
173. “One of the cruelest things you can do to another person is pretending you care about them more than you really do.”— Douglas Coupland
174. “My experience is that the teachers we need most are the people we’re living with right now.” – Byron Katie
175. “Treat everyone as if they were a guest in your own house because in reality, they are a guest in your own world.” – B. D. Schiers
176. “Quit wanting them to be the way you want them to be. Just love them.” – Kamal Ravikant
177. “When your heart has room for everybody then your heart is full of love.” – Fred Rogers
You might also like these love quotes for your husband to make him feel appreciated.
178. “Associate with people who are likely to improve you. Welcome those who you are capable of improving. The process is a mutual one: men learn as they teach.” – Seneca
179. “There’s only one thing more precious than our time and that’s who we spend it on.” – Leo Christopher
180. “Love cures people—both the ones who give it and the ones who receive it.” — Karl Menninger
More relationship quotes and sayings
181. “When in a relationship, a real man doesn’t make his woman jealous of others, he makes others jealous of his woman.”— Steve Maraboli
182. “If we would build on a sure foundation in friendship, we must love friends for their sake rather than for our own.” – Charlotte Brontë
183. “Trust is the fruit of a relationship in which you know you are loved.”— Wm. Paul Young
184. “Never close your lips to those whom you have already opened your heart.” – Charles Dickens
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of wise Charles Dickens quotes on self-worth, love, and more.
185. “Be a loving person rather than in a love relationship.” – Osho
186. “Remember to stay away from people who have a problem for every solution.” – Paulo Coelho
187. “Love is at the root of everything. All learning. All parenting. All relationships. Love, or the lack of it.” – Fred Rogers
190. “We are so different, yet so much the same.” – Gloria Steinem
191. “In a sense, people are our proper occupation. Our job is to do them good and put up with them.” – Marcus Aurelius
192. “So much of life is being present with the people you love.” – Shane Parrish
193. “Our soulmate is the one who makes life come to life.” —Richard Bach
194. “You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly.” —Sam Keen
195. “Love doesn’t make the world go around. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.” —Franklin P. Jones
196. “Absence sharpens love, presence strengthens it.” —Benjamin Franklin
197. “In case you ever foolishly forget: I am never not thinking of you.” —Virginia Woolf
Relationship quotes to celebrate being together long term
198. “In all the world, there is no heart for me like yours. In all the world, there is no love for you like mine.” – Maya Angelou
199. “Forever is a measure of time used by people who share an ordinary love. Our extraordinary love is immeasurable … for us, forever just won’t do.” – Steve Maraboli
200. “I love you, and I will love you until I die, and if there’s a life after that, I’ll love you then.” –Cassandra Clare
201. “Grow old with me, the best is yet to be.” – Robert Browning
202. “As we grow older together, As we continue to change with age, There is one thing that will never change … I will always keep falling in love with you.” – Karen Clodfelder
203. “Immature love says: ‘I love you because I need you.’ Mature love says ‘I need you because I love you.’” – Erich Fromm
204. “Real love stories never have endings.” – Richard Bach
205. “If I know what love is, it is because of you.” – Herman Hesse
206. “And when you’re needing your space to do some navigating, I’ll be here patiently waiting to see what you find.” – Jason Mraz
207. “Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.” – Robert A. Heinlein
You’ll also love these new friends quotes celebrating our ability to make adult friends.
The best relationship quotes about the good, the bad, and the ugly
208. “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” — Wayne Dyer
209. “Love is never lost. If not reciprocated, it will flow back and soften and purify the heart.” — Washington Irving
210. “There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.” — Friedrich Nietzsche
211. “If you love someone, set them free. If they come back they’re yours; if they don’t they never were.” — Richard Bach
212. “Nothing is perfect. Life is messy. Relationships are complex. Outcomes are uncertain. People are irrational.” — Hugh Mackay
213. “Between men and women there is no friendship possible. There is passion, enmity, worship, love, but no friendship.” — Oscar Wilde
214. “Find joy in everything you choose to do. Every job, relationship, home… it’s your responsibility to love it, or change it.” — Chuck Palahniuk
215. “The beginning of love is to let those we love be perfectly themselves, and not to twist them to fit our own image. Otherwise we love only the reflection of ourselves we find in them.” — Thomas Merton
216. “I believe that two people are connected at the heart, and it doesn’t matter what you do, or who you are or where you live; there are no boundaries or barriers if two people are destined to be together.” — Julia Roberts
217. “But let there be spaces in your togetherness and let the winds of the heavens dance between you. Love one another but make not a bond of love: let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls.” — Khalil Gibran
Relationship quotes for those in love
218. “It is a curious thought, but it is only when you see people looking ridiculous that you realize just how much you love them.” –Agatha Christie
219. “Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
220. “When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.” – Nora Ephron
221. “Everything is clearer when you’re in love.” – John Lennon
222. “If you work through the tough times, the respect and love that you feel deepens.” – Barack Obama
223. “The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” – Victor Hugo
224. “You don’t love someone because they’re perfect, you love them in spite of the fact that they’re not.” – Jodi Picoult
225. “I never want to stop making memories with you.” – Pierre Jeanty
226. “First and foremost, self-love, and then give love away.”— Katy Perry
227. “And I don’t know why but with you I’d dance in a storm in my best dress, fearless.” – Taylor Swift, Fearless
Interesting relationship quotes
228. “I think it matters whether someone has a good heart.” — Elon Musk
229. “The one who loves the least, controls the relationship.” — Robert Anthony
230. “Love does not claim possession, but gives freedom.” — Rabindranath Tagore
231. “Falling in love and having a relationship are two different things.” — Keanu Reeves
232. “When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time.” — Maya Angelou
233. “There is no love without forgiveness, and there is no forgiveness without love.” — Bryant H. McGill
234. “Sometimes I wonder if men and women really suit each other. Perhaps they should live next door and just visit now and then.” — Katharine Hepburn
235. “A person isn’t who they are during the last conversation you had with them – they’re who they’ve been throughout your whole relationship.” — Rainer Maria Rilke
236. “If civilization is to survive, we must cultivate the science of human relationships – the ability of all peoples, of all kinds, to live together, in the same world at peace.” — Franklin D. Roosevelt
237. “We’ve got this gift of love, but love is like a precious plant. You can’t just accept it and leave it in the cupboard or just think it’s going to get on by itself. You’ve got to keep watering it. You’ve got to really look after it and nurture it.” — John Lennon
Relationship Quotes to Keep the Passion Alive
238. “You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” – Dr. Seuss
239. “The scariest thing about distance is you don’t know if they’ll miss you or forget about you.” – Nicholas Sparks
240. “It’s enough for me to be sure that you and I exist at this moment.” – Gabriel Garcia Márquez
241. “It feels good to think about you when I’m warm in bed. I feel as if you’re curled up there beside me, fast asleep. And I think how great it would be if it were true.” – Haruki Murakami
242. “Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.” – Albert Einstein
243. “We’re all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness—and call it love—true love.” – Robert Fulghum
244. “Can’t you see? Every step I have taken, since I was that little girl on the bridge, was to bring me closer to you.” – Arthur Golden
245. “The way her body existed only where he touched her. The rest of her was smoke.” – Arundhati Roy
246. “If she’s amazing, she won’t be easy. If she’s easy, she won’t be amazing. If she’s worth it, you won’t give up. If you give up, you’re not worthy.” – Bob Marley
247. “A lady’s imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment.” – Jane Austen
Relationship quotes about friendship
248. “Rare as is true love, true friendship is rarer.” – Jean de La Fontaine
249. “A single rose can be my garden… a single friend, my world.” – Leo Buscaglia
250. “Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
251. “Ultimately the bond of all companionship, whether in marriage or in friendship, is conversation.” – Oscar Wilde
252. “One of the most beautiful qualities of true friendship is to understand and to be understood.” – Lucius Annaeus Seneca
253. “One’s friends are that part of the human race with which one can be human.” – George Santayana
254. “How beautiful it is to find someone who asks for nothing but your company.” – Brigitte Nicole
255. “Friendship is the only cement that will ever hold the world together.” – Woodrow T. Wilson
256. “I knew when I met you an adventure was going to happen.” – Winnie The Pooh
257. “A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked.” – Bernard Meltzer
Best Relationship Quotes To Have a Strong Bond
257. “I want a guy who takes charge, but lets me have my say once in a while. A good relationship is all about balance and chemistry.” — Taylor Swift
258. “No partner in a love relationship… should feel that he has to give up an essential part of himself to make it viable.” — May Sarton
259. “Our greatest joy and our greatest pain comes in our relationships with others.” — Stephen Covey
260. “Every relationship is fundamentally a power struggle, and the individual in power is whoever likes the other person less.” — Chuck Klosterman
261. “Work on your relationships… Relationships need renewal or they die.” — Bo Sanchez
262. “You’ve got to be in a bad relationship to really understand what a great one is.” — Steve Harvey
263. “Relationships are the hallmark of the mature person.” — Brian Tracy
264. “Everything in your life, every experience, every relationship is a mirror of the mental pattern that is going on inside of you.” — Louise Hay
265. “Love is missing someone whenever you’re apart, but somehow feeling warm inside because you’re close in heart.” — Kai Knudsen
266. “Health is the greatest gift, contentment the greatest wealth, faithfulness the best relationship.” — Gautama Buddha
Best Relationship Quotes To Help You Determine Your Personality
267. “Trust and faith bring joy to life and help relationships grow to their maximum potential.” ― Joyce Meyer
268. “I never want to be away from you again, except at work, in the restroom or when one of us is at a movie the other does not want to see.” ― Daniel Handler
269. “A relationship becomes easier when you realize that you don’t have to be the one at fault to be the one who’s sorry.” ― Robert Breault
270. “I wanted someone to love who would stay: stay and be there, always.” ― Audrey Niffenegger
271. “He knew me in all the ways that truly mattered: the shape of my fears, the contours of my dreams.” ― Justina Chen
272. “Genuine relationships depend first on a healthy relationship with ourselves.” ― Sonia Choquette
273. “Sooner or later, we must all accept the fact that in a relationship, the only person you are dealing with is yourself.” ― Iyanla Vanzant
274. “Love … is the honoring of others in a way that grants them the grace of their own autonomy and allows mutual discovery.” ― Anne Truitt
275. “Treasure each other in the recognition that we do not know how long we shall have each other.” ― Joshua L. Liebman
276. “People and relationships never stop being a work in progress.” ― Nora Roberts
Best Relationship Quotes To Best Be Yourself In A Relationship
277. “To become a better you, you must be positive towards yourself, develop better relationships, embrace the place where you are.” ― Joel Osteen
278. “That which is created in a relationship can be fixed in a relationship.” ― Murray Bowen
279. “The three ingredients of a successful union between two … humor, commitment & undying love.” ― Bill Cosby
280. “I will love you unconditionally.” ― Katy Perry
281. “If we are going to be happy and have any chance at growing then we must learn how to forgive others … and ourselves.” ― Yehuda Berg
282. “Lovers don’t finally meet somewhere. They’re in each other all along.” ― Rumi
283. “It’s better to have nobody, than to have someone who is half there, or doesn’t want to be there.” ― Angelina Jolie
284. “Maybe, it’s not the distance that’s the problem, but how you handle it.” ― David Levithan
285. “We love purely when we release other people to be who they are.” ― Marianne Williamson
286. “It is important from time to time to slow down, to go away by yourself, and simply be.” ― Eileen Caddy
Which of these relationship quotes was your favorite?
Being in a loving relationship may be one of the strongest desires we have in this life.
Being in love makes us feel connected and profoundly content and satisfied.
Hopefully, these inspirational relationship quotes will help you keep the flame burning forever and ever!
Did you enjoy these love relationship quotes?
Which of the quotes about relationships was your favorite?
Let us know in the comment section below.
Also, don’t forget to share and inspire your friends and followers.