Quotes About Being Happy With Your Life
Our latest collection of quotes about being happy helps you see the brighter side of life.
Being happy is extremely vital and something every person ultimately wants.
Share your favorite quote about being happy with us in the comment section below.
What are the benefits of reading quotes about being happy?
Regardless of all the negative events that often occur in our lives, we can all maintain our happiness by learning to interpret whatever circumstances we deal with in a positive light.
Although external behaviors and events can trigger off negative thoughts, that can only happen if you allow them to.
Being happy leads to an array of benefits like:
- increasing our performance at work
- improving our relationships
- improving our health
- making us more pleasant to be around
Besides making us feel good about ourselves, happiness is a positive emotion that drives our ambitions and motivates us to wake up every morning to pursue our goals and dreams.
So how can we attain happiness?
To do this, we need to take personal responsibility for our happiness.
We accept that our happiness is our choice and something to be found within us.
Overall, happiness makes us healthier, more productive, and ready to use our Everyday Power to reach our full potential.
Below are some inspirational, wise, and thoughtful be yourself quotes about being happy that will help you develop the ability to be happy under all circumstances.
Quotes about being happy regardless of where you are in life
1. “Being happy is something that each of us determines, it is not something that we find outside of yourself, it is within us and our choice.” – Catherine Pulsifer
2. “The happiest people seem to be those who have no particular cause for being happy except that they are so.” – William Ralph Inge
3. “Happiness is a deep sense of flourishing, not a mere pleasurable feeling or fleeting emotion but an optimal state of being.” – Matthieu Ricard
4. “Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.”– Abraham Lincoln
5. “We don’t laugh because we’re happy – we’re happy because we laugh.” – William James
6. “Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy.”― Anne Frank
7. “Happy is entirely up to you and always has been.”― Janette Rallison
8. “Be happy for no reason, like a child. If you are happy for a reason, you’re in trouble, because that reason can be taken from you.”― Deepak Chopra
9. “The secret of being happy is accepting where you are in life and making the most out of every day.”- Anonymous
10. “Nothing can bring you happiness but yourself.”- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Quotes about being happy with who you are
11. “The only thing that will make you happy is being happy with who you are, and not who people think you are.” – Goldie Hawn
12. “I enjoyed my life when I had nothing… and kinda like the idea of just being happy with me.” – Joey Ramone
13. “Being happy in your skin that’s what it’s all about.” – Koo Stark
14. “Be happy with being you. Love your flaws. Own your quirks. And know that you are just as perfect as anyone else, exactly as you are.” – Ariana Grande
15. “Those who can laugh without cause have either found the true meaning of happiness or have gone stark raving mad!”- Norm Papernick
16. “True happiness arises, in the first place, from the enjoyment of one’s self.” – Joseph Addison
17. “If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.” – Dalai Lama
18. “Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking.”- Marcus Aurelius
19. “I would do my damn best to be more happy than not.”― Adam Silvera
20. “Happiness doesn’t have to be chased…it merely has to be chosen.” ― Mandy Hale
Also read these inspirational living in the moment quotes that will remind you to enjoy your life.
Quotes about being happy with what you have
21. “The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don’t have.” – Woody Allen
22. “Be happy with what you have. Be excited about what you want.” – Alan Cohen
23. “If being happy is important to you, try this: instead of regretting all you lack, celebrate all you’ve got.” – Brian Vaszily
24. “I just find myself happy with the simple things. Appreciating the blessings God gave me.” – DMX
25. “Happiness is not having what you want. It is appreciating what you have.” – Unknown
26. “Ever since happiness heard your name, it has been running through the streets trying to find you.”― Hafez
27. “Just think how happy you would be if you lost everything you have right now, and then got it back again.”- Frances Rodman
28. “Happiness is not having what you want, but wanting what you have.”- Rabbi Hyman Schachtel
29. “Do not forget to hope and happy be.” – John McLeod
30. “It’s not my job to make you happy. It’s your job to learn that only those who quit selfishly seeking their own happiness find it.” ― Richelle E. Goodrich
Don’t forget to also read these Into the Wild quotes about happiness.
Quotes about being happy and what it means
31. “The art of being happy lies in the power of extracting happiness from common things.” – Henry Ward Beecher
32. “Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.”– Mahatma Gandhi
33. “Happiness is not something ready-made. It comes from your own actions.” – Dalai Lama
34. “Many persons have a wrong idea of what constitutes true happiness. It is not attained through self-gratification but through fidelity to a worthy purpose.”– Helen Keller
35. “Happiness is not a station you arrive at, but a manner of traveling.” – Margaret Lee Runbeck
36. “I don’t care about having money. It’s about being happy, man.” – Skrillex
37. “We all live with the objective of being happy; our lives are all different and yet the same.”– Anne Frank
38. “Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude.” – Denis Waitley
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of happy Friday quotes to help you reflect on an amazing week.
39. “Happiness, not in another place but this place…not for another hour, but this hour.” – Walt Whitman
40. “The grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.”- Allan K. Chalmers
Quotes about being happy and letting go of the things that make you sad
41. “You can never be really happy if you keep holding to those bad memories which makes you sad.” – Anurag Prakash
42. “Doing what you like is freedom. Liking what you do is happiness.” – Frank Tyger
43. “One of the simplest ways to stay happy is by letting go of the things that make you sad.” –Tinku Razoria
44. “Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.”– Albert Schweitzer
45. “Happiness is where we find it, but very rarely where we seek it.” – J. Petit Senn
47. “If you want to be happy, do not dwell in the past, do not worry about the future, focus on living fully in the present.”― Roy T. Bennett
48. “For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
49. “I laugh as much as I can and cry when I have to, without apology. I think that’s happy.”- Maya Angelou
50. “If you want to be happy, you need to set your mind on happiness.” ― Ana Kostovska
Don’t forget to also read these pursuit of happiness quotes that will make you smile.
Quotes about being happy with yourself
51. “Happiness is the art of learning how to get joy from your substance.” – Jim Rohn
52. “Stay positive and happy. Work hard and don’t give up hope. Be open to criticism and keep learning. Surround yourself with happy, warm and genuine people.” – Tena Desae
53. “If you want to be happy, be.”– Leo Tolstoy
54. “When I am myself, I am happy and have a good result.” – Jack Ma
55. “Learn to value yourself, which means: fight for your happiness.” – Ayn Rand
56. “Happiness is not in our circumstance but in ourselves. It is not something we see, like a rainbow, or feel, like the heat of a fire. Happiness is something we are.” – John B. Sheerin
57. “You are happy when you are enthusiastic and action-oriented, not when you are luxury and pleasure oriented.”
― Debasish Mridha
58. “Success means being happy with who you are and bringing happiness to those around you.” – Jane John Nwankwo
59. “If you feel happy, Smile with all your heart. if you’re down, smile with all your might.” ― Paul Ian Guillermo
60. “You choose to be happy. You don’t become happy just because the circumstances lead you to happiness.” – Ryan Cooper
Inspirational quotes about being happy
61. “Talking about someone who makes you happy actually makes you happy.” – Elizabeth Scott
62. “Being happy never goes out of style.” – Lilly Pulitzer
63. “The purpose of our lives is to be happy.” – Dalai Lama
64. “What’s fulfilling is being happy and being able to help other people. The simple things.” – James Arthur
65. “Be believing, be happy, don’t get discouraged. Things will work out.”― Gordon B. Hinckley
66. “The key to happiness was achievable dreams.”― Nicholas Sparks
67. “Even if happiness forgets you a little bit, never completely forget about it.”- Jacques Prévert
68. “I am a kind of paranoid in reverse. I suspect people of trying to make me happy”― J.D. Salinger
69. “Is happiness equated to wealth, money, possessions, or is it value you find in doing your job well, having a loving family, your health, and an inner peace?” – Catherine Pulsifer
70. “Embrace being perfectly imperfect. Learn from your mistakes and forgive yourself, you’ll be happier.” ― Roy Bennett
Also check out these insightful wellness quotes that can help you achieve a better life.
Happy quotes that will make your day
71. “It’s a helluva start, being able to recognize what makes you happy. ”― Lucille Ball
72. “Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is generally the by-product of other activities.”― Aldous Huxley
73. “Do not look for happiness outside yourself. The awakened seek happiness inside.”― Peter Deunov
74. “Everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you’re climbing it.”― Andy Rooney
75. “Be happy in the moment, that’s enough. Each moment is all we need, not more.”― Mother Teresa
76. “Happiness is a choice that requires effort at times.”― Aeschylus
77. “Happiness only real when shared.”― Christopher McCandless
78. “The secret of happiness is not in doing what one likes, but in liking what one does.”― James Matthew Barrie
79. “You have everything you need for complete peace and total happiness right now.”― Wayne Dyer
80. “Happiness is like those palaces in fairytales whose gates are guarded by dragons: We must fight in order to conquer it.”― Alexandre Dumas
81. “The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance. The wise grows it under his feet.”― James Oppenheim
82. “Happiness is your nature. It is not wrong to desire it. What is wrong is seeking it outside when it is inside.”― Sri Ramana Maharshi
83. “My happiness grows in direct proportion to my acceptance, and in inverse proportion to my expectations.”― Michael J. Fox
84. “Happiness, like unhappiness, is a proactive choice.”― Stephen R. Covey
85. “That is happiness; to be dissolved into something complete and great. When it comes to one, it comes as naturally as sleep.”― Willa Cather
Quotes about being happy and living a full life
86. “To be without some of the things you want is an indispensable part of happiness.”– Bertrand Russell
87. “Happiness grows at our own firesides, and is not to be picked in strangers’ gardens.” – Douglas Jerrold
88. “Happiness consists more in conveniences of pleasure that occur every day than in great pieces of good fortune that happen but seldom.”– Benjamin Franklin
89. “Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort.”– Franklin D. Roosevelt
90. “The secret of happiness is freedom, the secret of freedom is courage.”
– Carrie Jones
91. “There is only one happiness in this life, to love and be loved.”– George Sand
92. “There is no happiness like that of being loved by your fellow creatures, and feeling that your presence is an addition to their comfort.”– Charlotte Bronte
93. “Happiness is a by-product of an effort to make someone else happy.”
– Gretta Brooker Palmer
94. “Nobody really cares if you’re miserable, so you might as well be happy.”
– Cynthia Nelms
If you’re enjoying this article, you might also like our collection of happy birthday quotes and wishes for your best friend.
More quotes about being happy
95. “True happiness is not attained through self-gratification, but through fidelity to a worthy purpose.”– Helen Keller
96. “Happiness is never a step away, it is within you. You just need to unleash it.” – Ojingiri Hannah
97. “Spread love all over the world and in return, you will receive the gift of lifetime happiness.” – Nitin Namdeo
98. “A truly intelligent person is one who always finds a reason to be happy every moment.” – Nitin Namdeo
99. “Stop looking for happiness, you are alive, you are in this moment, nothing can be happier than this.” – Nitin Namdeo
100. “Find your happiness, not by seeking more, but by appreciating what you already have.” – Frank Sonnenberg
101. “Believe in yourself and be the source of joy in someone else’s life.” – Amit Ray
102. “Being happy on seeing others happy is happiness multiplied.” – Tapan Ghosh
103. “Spend more time doing things that make you forget about the time.” – Charlotte Eriksson
104. “Be happy about your own life and you’ll be amazed at just how much more beautiful you’ll find it to be.” – TemitOpe Ibrahim
105. “Happiness is the result of a life well-lived.” – Danny Dover
Make sure to read our collection of smile quotes to help keep a smile on your face.
Happiness quotes that remind you no matter where you are in life—life is good
106. “You are only a poor person if you are not happy with what you have.” — Debasish Mridha
107. “Now and then it’s good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy.” — Anonymous
108. “Happiness will never come to those who fail to appreciate what they already have.” — Bilal Zahoor
109. “Happiness doesn’t depend on any external conditions, it is governed by our mental attitude.” — Dale Carnegie
110. “Contentment always eludes those who don’t count themselves blessed for what they already have.” — Anonymous
111. “Make peace with your now moment. Live in this very moment and be happy with what you have.” — Angie Karan
112. “Be happy with what you have and are, be generous with both, and you won’t have to hunt for happiness.” — William E. Gladstone
113. “It’s almost impossible to be satisfied in your own life if you’re constantly looking at what someone else has.” — Rachael Cruze
114. “To be content doesn’t mean you don’t desire more, it means you’re thankful for what you have and patient for what’s to come.” — Tony Gaskins
115. “Joy enters when we stop complaining about the troubles we have and offering thanks for all the troubles we don’t have. And be aware, you have to fight through some bad days to earn the best days of your life.” — Angie Karan
Being happy quotes that remind us it is a choice
116. “Happiness depends upon ourselves.” — Aristotle
117. “Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life.” — Omar Khayyam
118. “Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go.” — Oscar Wilde
119. “I am a kind of paranoid in reverse. I suspect people of plotting to make me happy.” — J. D. Salinger
120. “It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy that makes happiness.” — Charles Spurgeon
121. “True happiness is… to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future.” — Lucius Annaeus Seneca
122. “There is only one way to happiness and that is to cease worrying about things which are beyond the power of our will.” — Epictetus
123. “The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts: therefore, guard accordingly, and take care that you entertain no notions unsuitable to virtue and reasonable nature.” — Marcus Aurelius
124. “I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn’t arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I’m going to be happy in it.” — Groucho Marx
125. “I am determined to be cheerful and happy in whatever situation I may find myself. For I have learned that the greater part of our misery or unhappiness is determined not by our circumstance but by our disposition.” — Martha Washington
Being happy quotes to always keep us optimistic
126. “Don’t waste your time in anger, regrets, worries, and grudges. Life is too short to be unhappy.” ― Roy T. Bennett
127. “Drink because you are happy, but never because you are miserable.” ― G.K. Chesterton
128. “Let me wake up next to you, have coffee in the morning and wander through the city with your hand in mine, and I’ll be happy for the rest of my fucked up little life.” ― Charlotte Eriksson
129. “When you are joyful, when you say yes to life and have fun and project positivity all around you, you become a sun in the center of every constellation, and people want to be near you.” ― Shannon L. Alder
130. “I feel like I’ve been split open and stuffed with sunshine.” ― Tahereh Mafi
131. “Make sure, as often as possible, you are doing something you’d be happy to die doing.” ― Matt Haig
132. “If you come at four in the afternoon, I’ll begin to be happy by three.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
133. “When we are happy, we are always good, but when we are good, we are not always happy.” ― Oscar Wilde
134. “If you’ve got nothing to dance about, find a reason to sing.” ― Melody Carstairs
135. “I’m a happy person. If you want to be around me, you can either choose to be happy too, or follow the signs to the nearest exit!” ― Sharon Swan
136. “If you want a happy ending, it just depends on where you close the book!” ― Orson Welles
Quotes About Being Happy and Sayings
137. “I have chosen to be happy because it’s good for my health.” — Voltaire
138. “No medicine cures what happiness cannot.” — Gabriel García Márquez
139. “Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.” — Marcel Proust
140. “Happiness is not a goal…it’s a by-product of a life well-lived.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
141. “Happiness is not the absence of problems, it’s the ability to deal with them.” ― Steve Maraboli
142. “Happiness is not a possession to be prized, it is a quality of thought, a state of mind.” ― Daphne Du Maurier
143. “Happiness consists in frequent repetition of pleasure” ― Arthur Schopenhauer
144. “My happiness is not the means to any end. It is the end. It is its own goal. It is its own purpose.” ― Ayn Rand
145. “I don’t understand the point of being together if you’re not the happiest.” ― Gillian Flynn
146. “Happiness depends on being free, and freedom depends on being courageous.” ― Marie Rutkoski
Quotes About Being Happy To Elevate Your Mood
147. “You must be the best judge of your own happiness.” ― Jane Austen
148. “There is a kind of happiness and wonder that makes you serious. It is too good to waste on jokes.” ― C.S. Lewis
149. “You can’t buy happiness” ― Kurt Cobain
150. “You have to be willing to get happy about nothing.” ― Andy Warhol
151. “The secret of a happy life is respect. Respect for yourself and respect for others.” ― Ayad Akhtar
152. “If you want to find happiness, find gratitude.” ― Steve Maraboli
153. “Happiness is a gift and the trick is not to expect it, but to delight in it when it comes.” ― Charles Dickens
154. “The supreme happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved.” — Victor Hugo
155. “The thing everyone should realize is that the key to happiness is being happy for yourself and yourself.” ― Ellen DeGeneres
156. “Happiness and confidence are the prettiest things you can wear” ― Taylor Swift
Quotes On Being Happy To Give You a Positive Attitude
157. “I’d rather be poor and happy than rich and alone.” — Lady Gaga
158. “Act happy, feel happy, be happy, without a reason in the world. Then you can love, and do what you will.” — Dan Millman
159. “My goal in life is to be as happy as a studio audience.” — Jim Gaffigan
160. “There are two ways to be happy: improve your reality, or lower your expectations.” — Jodi Picoult
161. “A man is happy so long as he chooses to be happy and nothing can stop him.” — Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
162. “The key to life is to be happy with or without money. Money only magnifies who you really are.” — Robert Kiyosaki
163. “If selfishness is the key to being miserable, then selflessness must be the key to being happy!” — Joyce Meyer
164. “Be so happy that when others look at you, they become happy too.” — Harbhajan Singh Yogi
165. “Life is not always not always what one wants it to be., but to make the best of it as it is the only way of being happy.” — Lady Randolph Churchill
166. “Until you are happy with who you are, you will never be happy with what you have.” — Zig Ziglar
Which of these quotes about being happy was your favorite?
Happiness matters so much.
If, for instance, you asked parents what they want above all for their children, most of them would respond with something like: “I really just want them to be happy.”
This is because happiness is the one thing we want most for those we love the most.
We hope these quotes about being happy have inspired you to take responsibility for your own happiness.
Check out this test and discover how happy you really are.
Did you enjoy these happiness quotes?
Which of these quotes about being happy was your favorite?
We would love to hear all about it in the comment section below.
Also, don’t forget to spread some happiness by liking and sharing with your friends and loved ones.