Pro photographer Austin Mann puts Apple’s iPhone 14 Pro camera to the test
Professional photographer Austin Mann is at Dunton Kilchoan Estate in the Scottish Highlands to test Apple’s iPhone 14 Pro cameras – hiking, biking and boating throughout the area, pushing these new cameras to the limit.
The features that really caught my attention during Apple’s keynote were the new giant 48-megapixel sensor, better low-light thanks to quad-pixels, Action mode stabilization for video, and satellite connectivity – and there we are. have a blast putting these new features to the test!
If you are a serious iPhone photographer and are interested in buying the iPhone 14 Pro as a camera upgrade, here are my thoughts.
• Last year’s iPhone 13 Pro is a really powerful camera, and while the iPhone 14 Pro passed it in most side-by-side tests, it wasn’t a huge margin (aside from the massive increase in resolution).
• If your iPhone 13 Pro’s 3x lens drives you crazy, the 14 Pro brings back the 2x perspective and offers a much more responsive 3x telephoto lens.
• If you constantly want to have a higher resolution from your iPhone’s camera, the 48MP ProRAW option for iPhone 14 Pro has you covered, but keep in mind that capturing these ultra-high resolution files has its trade-offs and 48MP is available only on 1x in normal mode.
• If you’re using an iPhone 11 Pro or earlier, you should seriously consider an upgrade to ProRAW, as well as huge improvements with the ultra wide-angle lens, low-light performance and telephoto responsiveness.
• If you often find yourself wandering in remote locations and carrying (or wanting to carry) an emergency satellite communicator, the iPhone 14 Pro is an excellent upgrade.
MacDailyNews takes: Toni More, including all of Mann’s images, in the full article here.
Help us support MacDailyNews. Click or tap here to support ours independent technology blog. Thank you!
Buy the Apple Store on Amazon.