OnePlus Nord 2T 5G Tips, Tricks & Features
It’s been nearly a year since OnePlus released the Nord 2, its second device with the Nord nickname. Now the Chinese smartphone manufacturing giant has released an updated version of the OnePlus Nord 2T itself. It comes with a new and improved MediaTek Dimensity 1300 SoC, a stunning 90Hz AMOLED display, and so much more paired with some great features, which can come in handy for getting things done quickly and easily.
That said, here is a list of the most useful tips, tricks and features offered by the OnePlus Nord 2T, along with steps explaining how to enable and use them on your device.
1. Always on display
The “Always On Display” feature keeps a portion of the screen on constantly, which can then be used to display some useful widgets along with the latest notifications at a glance without turning on the screen.
The same feature is also available on the Nord 2T’s AMOLED display and lets you choose from a myriad of Snapchat watch faces and Bitmoji Here’s how to enable it:
- Go to settings and then tap on Customizations.
- Within Personalization, tap Always-on display.
- Now choose a watch face or Bitmoji according to your taste. Don’t forget to make sure the Always-On Display switch is turned on and the display options are set to All Day to maximize the benefits of this feature.
2. Work-life balance
In addition to Zen mode, most OnePlus smartphones, including the new OnePlus Nord 2T, are equipped with a work-life balance mode. Work mode can help you block access to distracting apps, such as social media apps and games, whenever you want to focus on your work. Meanwhile, there’s also a Life mode where you can block access to various work-related apps of your choice. Here’s how you can enable it:
- Go to the notification area and go to the quick settings page. Within quick settings, tap on work / life mode and set it up for the first time.
- Now add or remove apps in work / life mode by tapping Edit, selecting the apps you want to enable and then tapping Save.
- Once the setup is complete, you can go to the main screen and enable a specific mode when needed using the quick settings buttons we saw in the first step.
3. Multilevel dark mode
Thanks to OxygenOS 12, the OnePlus Nord 2T is equipped with a multi-level Dark mode that allows users to choose between three levels or intensity of darkness according to their preferences.
Here’s how you can change the dark mode intensity on your OnePlus Nord 2T:
- Go to Settings> Display & Brightness.
- Under Display & Brightness, tap Dark Mode Settings.
- Once you are inside the dark mode settings, choose any dark mode style you want to apply.
4. Zen mode
Like other OnePlus smartphones, the Nord 2T has a dedicated Zen Mode application that can help you rewind and relax.
Zen mode works by disabling access to the phone for a set period of time. During this time, it is not possible to open apps, send text messages, change settings or perform most other functions of the smartphone except to answer calls or use emergency services.
Here’s how you can use Zen Mode on your OnePlus Nord 2T or any other OnePlus smartphone:
- Open the app drawer, look for Zen Mode, then tap it to open it.
- As soon as you open the app, you will hear relaxing piano music. It can be changed according to your preferences by swiping left or right. Alternatively, you can mute the sound by tapping the small musical note in the top right corner.
- Tap the small drop-down menu that says 1 minute to select how long you want Zen Mode to limit high access to your OnePlus smartphone.
- Now tap Let’s Go to enter Zen mode, but first it will ask you to confirm your decision while showing what you can do and what not to do while your phone is in Zen mode.
You can also track your progress by tapping the small profile icon in the top right corner.
5. OnePlus shelf
Accessible by swiping down from the right side of the notification bar, OnePlus Shelf is a pretty useful feature that lets you open a page on your home screen that lets you take notes, add custom widgets, access your most used apps, and give a quick glance at time, steps you’ve walked and various system stats.
Although it should be enabled by default, if not, you can enable it by going to settings and then searching for Oneplus Shelf. Then enable the first switch.
Once enabled, you can tap the Add New Widgets button to add new custom widgets that can show you information from various third-party apps as per your preference. In the meantime, you can tap the Insert Text button and type in a custom message or your name instead of Never Settle.
Similar to Spotlight search on iPhone, OnePus smartphones come with Scout, which can help you use the search bar found within the OnePlus shelf and the app drawer to conduct online and system-wide searches to find settings, files and apps you may have on your phone. Here’s how to enable it:
- Open the OnePlus shelf by swiping down from the right side of the notification bar, then tap the search bar.
- It will take you to the “Introducing Smarter Search!” page, where you need to tap Agree, followed by Enable.
- Once enabled, you can access the Scout using the search bar located within the OnePlus Shelf.
8. Functionality based on gestures and movements
To access these gesture and gesture based features, you need to go to Settings> Special functions> Gestures and gestures. Once inside, you can choose to enable the following features:
- Swipe down with three fingers to take full screenshots.
- Touch and hold the screen with three fingers to take partial screenshots.
- Swipe up with three fingers to enter split mode.
- Raise to reactivate the screen.
- Turn the device over to mute incoming calls.
- Lift to answer calls.
Finally, you can also tap Screen off gestures to enable more gestures like:
- double tap to wake or turn off the screen,
- draw shapes to open specific apps or perform specific actions.
9. Cloning of apps
This feature, as the name suggests, allows you to clone various social media apps and games that you may have on your OnePlus phone. It might come in handy if you want to log into two different WhatsApp accounts on the same smartphone using a dual sim or if you want to play with a different alias. Here’s how you can use this feature:
- Go to settings and then tap on Apps.
- In the app, tap App Cloning; this opens an app cloning menu.
- Within the app clone menu, select the app you want to clone by tapping on it and then selecting create app clone.
After creating a clone, you can rename it as you like and access it from the home screen in the app drawer.