No progress in the bus conflict and another night without services
Bus companies yesterday maintained their position of claiming subsidy debts that, they argue, the government drags on and carried out the second night of the services strike across Greater Buenos Aires with the La Plata region and its area of influence included. All this, in a scenario that, at the end of this edition, remained unchanged with respect to the distances between the companies and the officials of the national administration who motivated the implementation of the restrictions between 22:00 and 5:00 for a period of indefinite time.
A source from the Nation’s Ministry of Transport indicated yesterday afternoon that, a few hours after the second day of lockout or employers’ strike, nothing has moved from the place that left the conflict raised after the release of a statement from the companies, on Friday. Then there was no more news. At least until the close of this edition.
Thus, yesterday evening was the second day of the third measure developed by short-haul passenger transport companies within a month.
While the business sector remained silent, the government insisted on rejecting the protest arguments and on announcing checks and sanctions on companies that do not take buses to the street.
“The National Commission for Transport Regulations (CNRT), an agency of the Ministry of Transport, will carry out all necessary checks to verify compliance with the services and the respective frequencies of the lines of national competence”, announced on Friday ratified yesterday. .
In this context, the agency pointed out that this task is governed by “article 83 of decree no. 1395/1998, where the violation of the daily regime of day and night frequencies in urban public transport services for passengers will be sanctioned in any case, with a fine of five hundred fifteen thousand minimum tickets “.
Companies are asking for the regularization of transfers for grants. They claim that a debt of the order of 17 billion pesos is piling up.
Difficult week start
According to industry sources, the measurement of force between 22:00 and 5:00 will continue until tomorrow and an extension for the whole week cannot be ruled out. The possibility of extending the calendar of restrictions has also been slammed. “It will take until the government pays a major part of what it owes,” a commercial source said earlier this weekend.
It was acknowledged by the Nation’s Ministry of Transport that they still have “part of a debt” outstanding with the sector, but they have ensured that payments are made “week by week”.
For this reason, the letter on Friday pointed out that “the proposal is not understandable” when users began to pay a 40% increase in the public transport fare from 1 August “. He was also assured that on that day, as the companies prepared to bail out the groups, “they received a new wire transfer as part of the payment.”
For its part, a source from the provincial transport ministry said that in Buenos Aires the accounts are “up to date”.
Da Nation completed this panorama by indicating that “part of the current debt corresponds to the non-payment by the CABA (Autonomous City of Buenos Aires) for the services of that jurisdiction, which has been covered by the national state”.
The outage was announced on Friday, through a statement: “The public passenger transport companies of the AMBA (Buenos Aires Metropolitan Area) that make up the Chamber of Automobile Passenger Transportation Affairs (CEAP), the Chamber of Affairs of the urban transport of Buenos Aires (CETUBA) and the Chamber of Transport of the Province of Buenos Aires (CTPBA), are forced to announce, due to the growing delay in the payment of tariff compensations that have arisen since March this year, that the the suffocating financial situation imposes the need to suspend night services, adjust the number of day services to those on Saturdays and continue with this type of restrictions until they have the necessary resources to regularize the services, “he said.
The commercial complaint began in July, with a similar interruption of the lines. Then the winter holidays started and the measure preceded the announcement of the 40% increase in tickets.
Then the companies ceased again on Friday and Monday 15 (holiday). In those days, local businesses did not join. This time, all services were stopped.
According to the Chambers, “to date, the lines of the federal, national and provincial districts have without charging the amount equal to one month of the contributions paid by the State to cover essential expenses for the normal operation of services, a situation that does not already exist it can sustain more and that will progressively end up causing paralysis of the system ”.