Mother, 8-month-old baby electrocuted in Bargarh

Bargar: In a tragic accident, a mother and her 8-month-old boy were electrocuted in their house in Burkel village under Padmapur Block here Odisha today.

The deceased has been identified as Anjali Bagh (32) and the baby as Gaurav from the district.

According to reports from the victim’s family members, the electrical wire remained intact with the almirah as the electrical wire was chewed by a mouse.

Later Anjali while carrying her baby on her hip touched the almirah to open it, she got electric shock as the wire was in contact with the almirah.

As a result, Anjali along with her baby received a fatal shock and collapsed on the spot, sources said.

Additional reports also said that no one was in the home except for Anjali’s mother-in-law as she was present in the backyard of their house while the incident took place.

Soon Anjali’s mother-in-law reached that place and found the lifeless body of Anjali and her son.

She suddenly called an ambulance and rushed the duo to the hospital. However, they were declared dead by the doctors.

A pall of gloom descended on the village after the uncertain death of the mother and young son.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *