iOS 16.1 to deliver compelling new features to your iPhone
Marking the first major update to the iOS 16 operating system since its public release in September and the x.1 version that many power users await before upgrading to a new operating system, Apple will release iOS 16.1 offering exciting new features to all. Compatible iPhones.
Sami Fathi for MacRumors:
With iOS 16.1, Apple is bringing numerous new changes, features and bug fixes to iPhone users. We’ve highlighted five noteworthy changes below. iOS 16.1 is currently still in beta testing with public developers and beta testers.
• Live activity: With iOS 16.1, Apple is enabling live activities on the redesigned iOS 16 lock screen and dynamic island on the iPhone 14 Pro. Live Activities is a new type of interactive notification that can dynamically display real-time information from app without having to open an app directly.
• Redesigned Battery Indicator: In iOS 16.1, Apple is changing the behavior of the battery icon to accurately reflect the iPhone’s charge level when the percentage is shown.
• Apple Fitness + with just an iPhone: Starting with iOS 16.1, iPhone users will be able to subscribe and use Apple Fitness + without the need for an Apple Watch.
• Clean Energy Charging Option: In iOS 16.1, Apple added a new clean energy charging option that selectively charges the iPhone when low-carbon electricity is available in an effort to provide a greener charging method.
• Preload in-app content:iOS 16.1 adds a new toggle for apps downloaded from the App Store that can automatically run newly downloaded apps in the background to download content before they are first launched.
MacDailyNews takes: Get more information, see all screenshots, and more in the full article here.
Help us support MacDailyNews. Click or tap here to support ours independent technology blog. Thank you!
Buy the Apple Store on Amazon.
[Thanks to MacDailyNews Reader “Fred Mertz” for the heads up.]