A beautiful bond that should never be broken, these father-daughter quotes will remind you of the special bond a father shares with their daddy’s girl.
A father is a guide for a little girl to blossom into a strong and courageous young woman, and these lovely quotes will remind any daughter or father of just that.
Tell us your favorite father-daughter memory in the comment section below.
What are the benefits of reading these father-daughter quotes?
Young girls with warm, close relationships with their dads develop into strong, confident women.
When dads live a life of integrity and honesty, they set a positive example for their daughters of how to handle the world.
Fathers play a big role in their daughters’:
- Body image
- Future romantic relationships
Hopefully, these father-daughter quotes will remind you of your relationship with your dad and give you the words to express your feelings.
They would make a great addition to a father’s day or birthday card!
The importance of dads
A strong father-daughter bond also plays a heavy role in her ability to express her feelings, emotions, and thoughts.
A father-daughter relationship can have a far-reaching influence on the daughter’s life.
Dads should, therefore, attempt to build a close relationship with their daughters.
In that regard, here are some inspirational daddy-daughter quotes to help foster an unbreakable bond.
Don’t also forget to read these adorable mother and daughter quotes.
If you like this article, we suggest you explore our most popular quotes article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily encouragement.
Read more related content on our inspirational quotes category page.
Daddy-daughter quotes for an unbreakable bond
1. “A girl’s first true love is her father.” – Marisol Santiago
2. “Dad is and always will be my living, breathing superhero.” – Bindi Irwin
3. “The happiest moment of my life was probably when my daughter was born.”—David Duchovny
4. “It was my father who taught me to value myself.” – Dawn French
5. “A daughter needs a dad to be the standard against which she will judge all men.” – Gregory E. Lang
6. “When my father didn’t have my hand, he had my back.” – Linda Poindexter
7. “To her the name of father was another name for love.” – Fanny Fern
8. “My father didn’t tell me how to live. He lived, and let me watch him do it.” – Clarence Budington Kelland
9. “He who has daughters is always a shepherd.” — Thomas Jefferson
10. “I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father’s protection.” –Sigmund Freud
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Childhood quotes to connect with your inner child.
Inspiring father-daughter quotes
11. “Being a daddy’s girl is like having permanent armor for the rest of your life.” – Marinela Reka
12. “The greatest thing a father can do for his daughter is to love her mother.” – Elaine S. Dalton
13. “To a father growing old nothing is dearer than a daughter.” – Euripides
14. “A daughter is a treasure and a cause of sleeplessness.” – Ben Sirach
15. “A father needs to be the standard against which she will judge all men.” – Gregory E.
16. “Fathers and daughters have a special bond. She is always daddy’s little girl.” – Richard L. Ratliff
17. “Because death is the only thing that could have ever kept him from you.”― Ally Carter
18. “It is impossible to please all the world and one’s father.” – Jean de La Fontaine
19. “Rocks nor sand, nor wind or rain, can keep me separated from a daughters love.” – Byron Pulsifer
20. “Sweet sixteen today. She’s looking like her momma a little more every day.” – Bob Carlisle
Don’t forget to also read these father son quotes.
Lovely daddy-daughter quotes
21. “No one in this world can love a girl more than her father.” – Michael Ratnadeepak
22. “Old as she was, she still missed her daddy sometimes.” –
23. “No one is able to make the female a queen except her father…” — Arab Proverb
24. “A good father will leave his imprint on his daughter for the rest of her life.” – Dr. James Dobson
25. “To her, the name of father was another name for love.” – Fanny Fern
26. “It doesn’t matter who my father was; it matters who I remember he was.” – Anne Sexton
27. “I love being a girl because I’m my Daddy’s little girl and that rocks!”
28. “A man’s daughter is his heart. Just with feet, walking out in the world.” – Mat Johnson
29. “I am a princess not because I have a prince, but because my father is a king.” – Unknown
30. “A father’s job is not to teach his daughter how to be a lady. It’s to teach her how a lady should be treated.” – Unknown
Father-daughter quotes to help foster an unbreakable bond
31. “The love between father and daughter knows no distance.”
32. “Certain is it that there is no kind of affection so purely angelic as of a father to a daughter.”—Joseph Addison
33. “The reason why daughters love their dad the most is…that there is at least one man in the world who will never hurt her.”
34. “I love my daddy. My daddy’s everything. I hope I can find a man that will treat me as good as my dad.” – Lady Gaga
35. “A daughter may outgrow your lap, but she will never outgrow your heart.”
36. “My dear father; my dear friend; the best and wisest man I ever knew, who taught me many lessons and showed me many things as we went together along the country by-ways.” – Sarah Orne Jewett
37. “Daddy, thanks for being my hero, chauffeur, financial support, listener, life mentor, friend, guardian and simply being there every time I need a hug.” ~ Agatha Stephanie Lin
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of hug quotes for everyone who needs one.
38. “I hope that my daughter grows up empowered and doesn’t define herself by the way she looks but by qualities that make her an intelligent, strong and responsible woman.” — Isaiah Mustafa
39. “When you have a daughter, you want to protect her from the things that I’ve seen out there, you know, the things that’s out there that ain’t good for her. It’s a crazy world we live in.” — Nas
40. “On behalf of every man looking out for every girl, you are the God and weight of her world.” – John Mayer
Don’t forget to also check out these insightful step dad quotes that will make you appreciate your blended family.
Father-daughter quotes that will touch your heart
41. “It is admirable for a man to take his son fishing, but there is a special place in heaven for the father who takes his daughter shopping.” – John Sinor
42. “I was raised by a strong woman, and that DNA is in my daughter and wife.” — Dwayne Johnson
43. “My Daddy was my hero. He was always there for me when I needed him. He listened to me and taught me so many things. But most of all he was fun. —Bindi Irwin
44. “A father’s tears and fears are unseen, his love is unexpressed, but his care and protection remain as a pillar of strength throughout our lives.” – Ama H. Vanniarachchy
45. “My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me.” – Jim Valvano
46. “I am not ashamed to say that no man I ever met was my father’s equal, and I never loved any other man as much.”—Hedy Lamarr
47. “Watching your daughter being collected by her date feels like handing over a million-dollar Stradivarius to a gorilla.” – Jim Bishop
48. “I may find my Prince but my dad will always be my king.”
49. “My father died many years ago, and yet when something special happens to me, I talk to him secretly not really knowing whether he hears, but it makes me feel better to half believe it.” – Natasha Josefowitz
50. “A daughter is a little girl who grows up to be a friend.”
Make sure to also check out our collection of parents quotes about family and support.
Relatable daddy-daughter quotes
51. “We never know the love of a parent till we become parents ourselves.” — Henry Ward Beecher
52. “I smile because you’re my father. I laugh because there’s nothing you can do about it.”
53. “Clever father, clever daughter; clever mother, clever son.” – Russian Proverb
54. “A little girl giggles when she is denied an ice cream by her mother. She knows daddy will get her some later.”
55. “Many a man wishes he were strong enough to tear a telephone book in half — especially if he has a teenage daughter.” – Guy Lombardo
56. “I think my mom put it best. She said, ‘Little girls soften their daddy’s hearts.’” – Paul Walker
57. “Fathers, be good to your daughters. You are the god and the weight of her world.” – Robert Orben
58. “Fathers are the most ordinary men who are turned by love into the biggest hero, adventurer, storyteller and singer of songs.”
59. “A son is a son till he gets a wife; a daughter is a daughter for the rest of her life.” – Irish Saying
60. “A daughter is the happy memories of the past, the joyful moments of the present, and the hope and promise of the future.”
61. “I took my daughter to the father-daughter dance and I cried like a little baby. She’s 11 years old, so seeing her get dressed up and pretty made me cry.” – Kevin Hart
If you’re enjoying these quotes, read our collection of dance quotes to help you find the perfect words about movement.
62. “My fingers may be small but I’ve got my daddy wrapped around them.”
63. “My daughter is my biggest achievement. She is a little star and my life has changed so much for the better since she came along.” – Denise Van Outen
64. “My life feels incomplete, my emotions deplete and my heart skips a beat when I don’t hug my daughter who is so sweet. I love you.”
65. “Behind every great daughter is a truly amazing dad.”
Remember to also check out these loving granddaughter quotes that will warm your heart.
Touching father-daughter quotes
66. “Hopefully we were all daddy’s little girl. He was and hopefully still is wrapped around our little finger. Not to take advantage of more just for the comfort of knowing he is there.” – Violette DeSantis
67. “Every father decides what man his daughter marries: not ordering, but showing an example.”
68. “Not only a father is an example for a daughter, but a daughter is a great inspiration for a father.”
69. “I have never been a material girl. My father always told me never to love anything that cannot love you back.” – Imelda Marcos
70. “There is this girl who stole my heart and she calls me Daddy.”
71. “When my daughter says ‘Daddy I need you!’ I wonder if she has any idea that I need her billion times more.” – Stanley Behrman
72. “The smile of a daughter is the secret purpose of every father.”
73. “Dear daddy, you taught me everything I know. I’m grateful to God for being your daughter.”
74. “When I come home, my daughter will run to the door and give me a big hug, and everything that’s happened that day just melts away.” – Hugh Jackman
Insightful father-daughter quotes
76. “Any astronomer can predict with absolute accuracy just where every star in the universe will be at 11.30 tonight. He can make no such prediction about his teenage daughter.” – James T. Adams
77. “A good father is always standing behind his daughter’s back.”
78. “When fathers struggle with being authentic, they leave muddy footprints on little girls’ hearts.” – Tina Samples
79. “If you don’t want your daughter to settle for less, be not only an ideal father but also an ideal husband.”
80. “A wedding is for daughters and fathers. The mothers all dress up, trying to look like young women. But a wedding is for a father and daughter. They stop being married to each other on that day.” – Sarah Ruhl
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of mother and son quotes that put words to this unbreakable bond.
81. “All fathers are teachers of the life: they teach their daughters what they can expect from men.”
82. “The laugh of a daughter is the favorite symphony of a father.”
83. “It was like we were exchanging codes, on how to be a father and a daughter, like we’d read about it in a manual, translated from another language, and we’re doing our best with what we could understand.” – Aimee Bender
84. “A father is a model for a small daughter. When she grows up, she looks for a boyfriend similar to her father.”
85. “You’ll not know how your daughter can love you until you demonstrate how you love her.”
Father-daughter quotes to honor a special bond
86. “You fathers will understand. You have a little girl. She looks up to you. You’re her oracle. You’re her hero.” – Stanley T. Banks
87. “The mark of a wonderful father is the one whose children run into his arms when his arms are empty.”
88. “One of the greatest things about daughters is how they adored you when they were little; how they rushed into your arms with electric delight and demanded that you watch everything they do and listen to everything they say.” – Michael Josephson
89. “All my life’s problems have just one simple solution – a hug from my daughter.”
90. “He was a father. That’s what a father does. Eases the burdens of those he loves. Saves the ones he loves from painful last images that might endure for a lifetime.” – George Saunders
91. “I’ve had a hard life, but my hardships are nothing against the hardships that my father went through in order to get me to where I started.” – Bartrand Hubbard
92. “You’ve had me wrapped around your finger since the day you were born.” – Tim McGraw, My Little Girl
93. “My life is a fairy tale because it revolves around a princess – my beautiful daughter. I love you.”
94. “A Father is someone you look up to no matter how tall you grow.”
95. “On the day my daughter was born I realized that the sparkle in her eyes was my guiding light and her smile, my life’s purpose. I love you.”
Heartwarming father-daughter quotes
96. “He sweeps her hair back from her ears and he swings her above his head. He says she is his émerveillement, he says he will never leave her, not in a million years.” – Anthony Doerr
97. “When Charles first saw our child Mary, he said all the proper things for a new father. He looked upon the poor little red thing and blurted, ‘She’s more beautiful than the Brooklyn Bridge.’” – Helen Hayes
98. “Having a daughter makes you see things in a different way. This is my only girl. So I don’t care what it takes to protect her. You can call it what you want to call it. As long as you treat her the same way I treat her, like my princess, I don’t mind.” – Tracy Morgan
99. “A daughter is a bundle of firsts that excite and delight, giggles that come from deep inside and are always contagious, everything wonderful and precious and your love for her knows no bounds.” – Barbara Cage
100. “She did not stand alone, but what stood behind her, the most potent moral force in her life, was the love of her father.” – Harper Lee, Go Set a Watchman
101. “Blessed indeed is the man who hears many gentle voices call him father.”
102. “Our dearest daughter, you are the wheel that keeps our lives spinning and you are the reason why we are always smiling. We love you.”
103. “In love to our wives there is desire; to our sons, ambition; but to our daughters, there is something which there are no words to express.” – Joseph Addison
104. “It is not flesh and blood but the heart which makes us father and daughter.”
105. “They say that from the instant he lays eyes on her, a father adores his daughter. Whoever she grows up to be, she is always to him that little girl in pigtails.”
If you’re enjoying these quotes, read our collection of Father’s Day quotes, celebrating dads all around the world.
Father-daughter quotes that will make you smile
106. “You have to be a reliable and predictable, loving and available father for your daughter if you want your daughter to have a happy childhood.”
107. “Dads have the unique opportunity to influence, guide, and encourage their daughters to grow into godly and gracious young ladies.” – Karol Ladd
108. “The laugh of a daughter is a favorite symphony of a father.”
109. “My wife has brought great beauty into my life. And my daughter has brought me nothing but joy.” – Christopher Meloni
110. “A good father will really go mad without his little girl.”
111. “I think a dad has to make his daughter feel that he’s genuinely interested in what she’s going through.” – Harry Connick, Jr.
112. “When a daughter is born, an ordinary life of a man turns into an extraordinary life of a father.”
113. “Every dad wants his daughter to grow up with dignity, self-respect, grace, humility, virtue, and significance.” – Darrel Billups
114. “I love being a girl because I’m my Daddy’s little girl and that rocks.”
115. “There may come a day that I won’t be able to help you. But the day will never come that I won’t try.”
You might also like these sister quotes they need to hear and will not forget.
Father-daughter quotes that will make your day
116. “The example of the father weathering his own emotional seasons can help the daughter weather her own.”―Victoria Secunda
117. “There will always be a few people who have the courage to love what is untamed inside us. One of those men is my father.” – Alison Lohman
118. “A father is always making his baby into a little woman. And when she is a woman he turns her back again.”—Enid Bagnold
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of baby quotes that new parents can relate to.
119. “Big fathers, complementing their tiny daughters, are so beautiful.”
120. “All father`s problems have a very simple solution: it’s the happiness of his daughter.”
121. “When daughters have engaged dads, they benefit from that relationship for a lifetime.” – Kevin Leman
122. “If you want your daughter to have only the best, you have to become the best father in the world.”
123. “Always your little girl.” – Daughter
124. “I may seem quiet and reserved but if you mess with my daughter I will break out a level of crazy that will make your nightmares seem like a happy place.”
125. “A father is neither an anchor to hold us back, nor a sail to take us to our destination. He is a guiding light to help lead the way for us.”
Father-daughter quotes that will warm your heart
126. “The power of a dad in a daughter’s life is unmatched.” – Justin Ricklefs
127. “Your father, Jo. He never loses patience, never doubts or complains, but always hopes, and works and waits so cheerfully that one is ashamed to do otherwise before him.” – Louisa May Alcott
128. “The reason I am bad at cooking is my father always appreciated the dish I prepared, and I believed him.” – Alia Bhat
129. “I love my father as the stars – he’s a bright shining example and a happy twinkling in my heart.” – Terri Guillemets
130. “No one is able to make a girl a queen except her father.” – Arab Proverb
131. “My daughter got me a “World’s Best Dad” mug. So we know she is sarcastic.” – Bob Odenkirk
132. “My dearest Daughter just watching you makes me realize how beautiful my life is. I love you.”
133. “Daddy and daughter, not always eye to eye, but always heart to heart.”
134. “My Daughter you are the answer to every time I looked up at the sky asking for a miracle.”
135. “You’ve been a blessing from the start . . . I love you daughter with all my heart.”
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of blessed quotes to help you identify the blessings in your life.
Father-daughter quotes and sayings
136. “Do you want all problems to melt away? Look at your daughter, hug her and kiss!”
137. “Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.” – Elizabeth Stone
138. “Some people don’t believe in heroes but they haven’t met my dad!”
139. “The father of a daughter is nothing but a high-class hostage. A father turns a stony face to his sons, berates them, shakes his antlers, paws the ground, snorts, runs them off into the underbrush, but when his daughter puts her arm over his shoulder and says, ‘Daddy, I need to ask you something,’ he is a pat of butter in a hot frying pan.” – Garrison Keillor
140. “A father is someone you never outgrow your needs for.”
141. “A father will be there for his daughter when it matters the most.”
142. “Fathers, be your daughter’s 1st love and she’ll never settle for anything less.”
143. “A good father will not allow any man to come into his daughter’s life and ruin it.”
144. “He opened the jar of pickles when no one else could. He was the only one in the house who wasn’t afraid to go into the basement by himself. He cut himself shaving, but no one kissed it or got excited about it.” – Erma Bombeck
145. “A good dad will teach his daughter how to be independent and strong without being a man-hater.”
You might also like these cousin quotes that perfectly describe your bond.
Father-daughter quotes to express appreciation
146. “My daughter, you are worthy of being loved because you are so precious to me that I died for you.”
147. “A daughter can lead to baldness, but the remainder of the road is just as smooth.” – Byron Pulsifer
148. “He taught me that there is no shame in breaking something, only in not being able to fix it.” – Hope Jahren
149. “Your daughter wants your guidance and support; she wants and needs a strong bond with you. And, as all successful fathers know, you need a strong bond with her.” – Meg Meeker
150. “Dear Daughter, If I could give you one thing in life, I would give you the ability to see yourself through my eyes.”
151. “Because my instincts have been shaped by a man who knew that family was everything. And my family will always be where I strive most for success.” – Gwyneth Paltrow, My Father’s Daughter
152. “A daughter needs her father to be involved in her life at every stage that includes father-daughter bonding in shopping malls.”
153. “If Dad is a loving, steady, balanced man in his approach with his daughter, she will have a sense of security, love, and trust in her relationships with men.” – Kevin Leman
154. “There is no place higher than on Daddy’s shoulders.”
155. “A good father-daughter relationship ….can empower daughters to believe in themselves and to prosecute a case with conviction and confidence. It can bestow upon a girl a sense of belonging, a self-efficacy and a resilience for life.” – Madonna King, Fathers and Daughters
Father-daughter quotes about their love
156. “You might never know a man’s vulnerable place until you see him with his daughter, because with her, he seem capable of more human emotions than he will ever share with anyone else.”
157. “If you ever want to torture my dad, tie him up and right in front of him, refold a map incorrectly.” – Cathy Ladman
158. “One of the first duties of a father is to protect his daughter from crying or else make those who make her cry to pay for their crimes.”
159. “Fathering is not something perfect men do, but something that perfects the man.” —Frank Pittman
160. “As a father, you are going to be the first person to experience all the complexities of your daughter and you must tolerate them enough to guide her.”
161. “Dad, I just needed to let you know, To me you will always be, Dad—you are a hero, You mean the world to me.” – Amanda Suddeth
162. “One of the greatest moments between father and daughter is that walk down the aisle, then you see you little baby girl become a woman right before your eyes.”
163. “A Dad is one who is always there can always be counted on always has time, always encouraging, that is you Dad, Thanks for all you do!” – C Lynch
164. “A father carries pictures where his money used to be.” — Steve Martin
165. “Dads are most ordinary men turned into heroes.” – Pam Brown
Father-daughter quotes that will brighten your day
166. “It is much easier to become a father than to be one.” — Kent Nerburn
167. “You fathers will understand. You have a little girl. She looks up to you. You’re her oracle. You’re her hero. And then the day comes when she gets her first permanent wave and goes to her first real party, and from that day on, you’re in a constant state of panic.” – Stanley T. Banks
168. “A girl might learn an ocean of wisdom from her mother but having her father’s presence is one part of the equation that should never be compromised.”
169. “Every little girl thinks her father is the smartest man in the world.” – Holly Robinson
170. “The first man in your daughter’s life is her father and she needs your trust more than anything, don’t deny her that.”
171. “Like countless other dads, I believe that my children are the best kids on the planet. Not a day goes by that I don’t thank God for placing them in my life.” – Charles Marshall
172. “There’s no perfect way to be a father but you can do your best, give your daughter the best of you and protect her so she never doubts your love.”
173. “My Father, my friend, my mentor, to you I want the very best that Father’s Day has to offer. This special day reminds me of how often you’ve been there for me.” – Catherine Pulsifer
174. “After you see your little girl grow into a lady, you know your job as a father is done and that’s such a fulfilling thing to see.”
175. “Sorry, Dad, but sometimes your jokes just really aren’t all that funny. . .but we love you anyway.” – Amy Szarkows
Father-daughter quotes that will lift your mood
176. “One of the greatest gifts I’ve ever gotten came from God. I call him daddy.”
177. “My father, he was like the rock, the guy you went to with every problem.” – Gwyneth Paltrow
178. “The love between a father and daughter is forever.”
179. “The most important influence in my childhood was my father.” – DeForest Kelley
180. “Having a daughter makes you see things differently. This is the only girl. So I don’t care what it takes to protect her. You can call it what you want to call it. As long as you treat her the same way I treat her, like my princess, I don’t mind.” – Tracy Morgan
181. “Fathers provide not only support but also encouragement.” – Catherine Pulsifer
182. “I find as I grow older that I love those most whom I loved first.” – Thomas Jefferson
183. “No man can possibly know what life means, what the world means, until he has a child and loves it. And then the whole universe changes and nothing will ever again seem exactly as it seemed before.” – L. Hearn
184. “From a daughter we are given happy and beautiful memories of days before, the melodies of the heart in those moments of the present, and the hopeful expectations of what will be in the future.” – Byron Pulsifer
185. “I’m convinced that a father’s role in child-raising should never be underestimated. underestimated. Fathers play a crucial role in their children’s emotional and physical well-being and in the choices they make about how to live their lives now and in the future.” – Nicoline Ambe
You’ll also love these mother daughter quotes expressing unconditional love.
Father-daughter quotes that will inspire you
186. “The heart of a father is the masterpiece of nature.” – Antoine Francois Prevost
187. “To be a father requires patience, love and giving up the ‘all about me’ attitude.” –Catherine Pulsifer
188. “When I’m at my best, I am my father’s daughter.”
189. “You may not have an earthly father that cares for you, but you have an heavenly one that does.” – Angelina Talpa
190. “Patience, my daughter, learn patience, and life will be easier.” – Catherine Pulsifer
191. “Regardless of the personal relationship you have with your own father, you have to aim to be better.” – Kirsten Watson
192. “My daughter, You’ve blessed my life greatly. I’m so glad we’re friends. . . The time we have together is the best that I spend.”
193. “You know, fathers just have a way of putting everything together.” – Erika Cosby
194. “Never grow a wishbone, daughter, where your backbone ought to be.” – Clementine Paddleford
195. “Studies show that when a baby, child, or teenager has a good father, that child will soar.” – Meg Meeker, MD
196. “To a father growing old, nothing is dearer than a daughter. ” – Euripides
197. “That was when the world wasn’t so big and I could see everywhere. It was when my father was a hero and not a human.” – Markus Zusak
198. “The greatest gift I ever had came from God; I call him Dad!”
199. “One father is more than a hundred schoolmasters.” – George Herbert
200. “There is no place higher than on Daddy’s shoulders.”
Father-daughter quotes that will make you tear up
201. “A father holds his daughter’s hand for a short while, but he holds her heart forever.”
202. “I have an excellent father, his strength is making me stronger.” – Taylor Swift
203. “When you’re young, you think your dad is Superman. Then you grow up, and you realize he’s just a regular guy who wears a cape.”
204. “I think as a father if we’re not changing and learning as much as our daughters, we’re doing it wrong.” – Tom Matthews
205. “But I can tell you that fathers change lives, as my father changed mine.” – Meg Meeker, Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters
206. “Make sure you tell Daddy that I’m still his little girl.” – Carrie Underwood
207. “Of all the titles I’ve been privileged to have, ‘Dad’ has always been the best.” – Ken Norton
208. “The best fathers have the softest, sweetest hearts. In other words, great dads are real marshmallows.” – Richelle E. Goodrich
209. “One of the best things a father can do for his daughter is let her know that she has met his expectations. My father did that for me, and no amount of effort on my part can fully repay the debt.“ – Lisa Wingate
210. “My dad encouraged us to fail. Growing up, he would ask us what we failed at that week. If we didn’t have something, he would be disappointed. It changed my mindset at an early age that failure is not the outcome, failure is not trying. Don’t be afraid to fail.“ – Sara Blakely
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of teenager quotes about navigating this period of life.
More father-daughter quotes
211. “Go on, take on this whole world/But to me you know you’ll always be/ My little girl.” – Tim McGraw
212. “No matter how far we come, our parents are always in us.” —Brad Meltzer
213. “This relationship has something special about it, that makes every father and every daughter in the world speak warmly about it.”
214. “Dear daddy, no matter where I go in life, you’ll always be my number one man.”
215. “You have seen me at my worst, yet you think that I am the best. I love you, Dad.”
216. “To the world you are a dad. To our family, you are the world.”
217. “The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other’s life.” – Richard Bach
218. “My father is like no one else. He has always believed in me, protected me, strengthened me, and I know without a doubt that he loves me unconditionally.”
219. “Dad, even a fleeting memory of your loving smile is enough to light up my darkest days. I love you!”
220. “As a father, I want my daughter to know she is braver than she believes, stronger than she seems, smarter than she thinks, and loved more than she’ll ever know.”
Father-quotes from daughters
221. “They don’t make men like my daddy anymore.” – Loretta Lynn
222. “It’s only when you grow up and step back from him–or leave him for your own home–it’s only then that you can measure his greatness and fully appreciate it.” – Margaret Truman
223. “Thank heaven for the special relationship between fathers and daughters. It is blessed from above.”
224. “Any man can be a father. It takes someone special to be a dad.” – Anne Geddes
225. “I’ve said it before, but it’s absolutely true: My mother gave me my drive, but my father gave me my dreams. Thanks to him, I could see a future.” – Liza Minnelli
226. “My father is very handy with tools. He hands them to me when he wants me to get some work done.” – Melanie White
227. “My dad’s my best mate, and he always will be.” – Cher Lloyd
228. “I have always had the feeling I could do anything and my dad told me I could. I was in college before I found out he might be wrong.” – Ann Richards
229. “A father is the one friend upon whom we can always rely.” – Emile Gaboriau
230. “No matter how old she may be, sometimes a girl just needs her dad.” — Carole Singer
Father-daughter quotes about great fathers and the lessons they taught
231. “I am blessed to be a proud father of a daughter.” — Adnan Sami
232. “My father always said, ‘Malala will be free as a bird.’” — Malala Yousafzai
233. “My father raised us to step toward trouble rather than to step away from it.” — Justin Trudeau
234. “The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother.” — Theodore Hesburgh
235. “My father told me ‘Name your price in the beginning. If it ever gets more expensive than the price you name, get out of there.’” — Dave Chappelle
236. “My father used to say that it’s never too late to do anything you wanted to do. And he said, ‘You never know what you can accomplish until you try.’” — Michael Jordan
Father daughter quotes for the kind and nurturing dad
237. “First, my father was a core part of my existence. He was my solid rock. He taught me amazing life principles that formed the foundation of my existence today.” ― Nicoline Ambe
238. “No matter what challenges life throws at you, your father will always be there for you.” ― Oswaal
239. “The connection between father and daughter took me by surprise. Her birth revealed a love that I never knew existed.” ― Kevin Patrick
240. “My father once said, ‘If the whole world wants to go left and you feel like going right, go right. You don’t have to follow. You don’t have to make a big deal about which way you’re going. Just go. It’s very easy.” ― Yanni
241. “It is a wise father that know his own child.” ― William Shakespeare
242. “If you fully understood just how profoundly you can influence your daughter’s life, you would be terrified, overwhelmed, or both.” ― Meg Meeker
243. “Still, it is a little disconcerting to consider that my father has been proven right about nearly everything he cautioned me against, warned me to avoid, or emphatically told me not to do!” ― Nick Vujicic
244. “My father taught me that one of the most important abilities in life is to be able to take the pain and persevere, and for years this lesson had served me well.” ― Yanni
245. “A father’s job is to be his daughter’s first devoted and chivalrous admirer.” ― Libby Purves
246. “I thank my father for being the support that he has been, unrelenting, reliable and solid.” ― Betsy George
Father-Daughter Quotes To Make You Hug Her
247. “Our daughters are the most precious of our treasures, the dearest possessions of our homes, and the objects of our most watchful love.” – Margaret Elizabeth
248. “The best music I have ever heard is the sound of my daughter’s giggling.” — Deasish Mridha
249. “Little girls are the nicest things that happen to people. They are born with a little bit of angel shine about them, and though it wears thin, sometimes there is always enough left to lasso your heart.” – Alan Beck
250. “A daughter is the most precious gift of life who lets our hearts dance with joy.” – Apollo M
251. “A daughter is a rainbow — a curve of light through scattered mist that lifts the spirit with her prismatic presence. A daughter is a promise, kept.” – Ellen Hopkins
252. “My daughter is my greatest inspiration.” – Whitney Houston
253. “Daughters always bask in their father’s love.” ― Hendrith Vanlon Smith Jr
254. “Every daughter is her own kind of flower.” ― Mary Calvi
255. We must teach our girls that if they speak their minds, they can create the world they want to see. – Robyn Silverman
256. Life is tough, my darling, but so are you. – Stephanie Bennet Henry
Which of these father-daughter quotes was your favorite?
Fathers affect the lives of their daughters in many ways.
They help shape their daughters’ self-esteem, self-image, confidence, and opinions of men.
How a father approaches life will serve as an example for his daughter to build on in her own life.
The honor of being a father to a daughter is one of the greatest experiences a man can have.
Hopefully, these daddy-daughter quotes have helped foster a stronger and more positive father-daughter bond.
Did you enjoy these father-daughter quotes?
Which of the quotes was your favorite?
Let us know in the comment section below.
Also, if you have any other inspirational daddy-daughter quotes to add to the list, feel free to mention them below.
October 21, 2022 5:00 AM EST