Everything Happens for a Reason Quotes
These everything happens for a reason quotes are insightful and thought-provoking.
We’ve all heard this saying at least a million times before, but have you ever stopped to think about its meaning?
Share your favorite everything happens for a reason quote with us in the comment section below.
What are the benefits of reading everything happens for a reason quotes?
If you aren’t the type to believe that everything happens for a reason, you will probably reconsider after reading this.
This is a concept that I tell my patients most often.
It is something that is hard to grasp or believe in the midst of it, but it could not be more true.
Think of the phrase, “People come into your life for a reason, a season, or a lifetime.”
It is the idea that no matter how good or painful a role they played, they taught us something that will reveal itself to us at some point.
These everything happens for a reason quotes will:
- Give you a new perspective on the things that happen
- Help you navigate through challenges
- Enable you to help others going through hard times
This goes hand in hand with the concept of everything happening for a reason.
While there may be unpleasant lessons that happen, they are still lessons.
We have to be open to the pain and difficulty, to be truly open to what it is we are supposed to gain from an experience.
It’s difficult to think in terms of everything happening for a reason, but it can also be helpful.
When we are going through a difficult time, it can be very comforting to think that there is a purpose to this, and there will be a use for what I am going through at this very moment.
Here is some sage advice about just this point:
Everything Happens for a Reason Quotes
1. “Realize that if a door closed, it’s because what was behind it wasn’t meant for you.” ― Mandy Hale, The Single Woman: Life, Love, and a Dash of Sass
2. “We go through our careers and things happen to us. Those experiences made me what I am.”— Thomas Keller
3. “Sad things happen. They do. But we don’t need to live sad forever.”— Mattie Stepanek
4. You can’t be brave if you’ve only had wonderful things happen to you.— Mary Tyler Moore
5. “I trust that everything happens for a reason, even if we are not wise enough to see it.”— Oprah Winfrey
6. “Eventually all things fall into place. Until then, laugh at the confusion, live for the moments, and know EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON.”— Albert Schweitzer
7. “Nothing happens to anybody which nature does not fit him to bear.” – Marcus Aurelius
8. Inspiration comes from within yourself. One has to be positive. When you’re positive, good things happen.— Deep Roy
9. Miracles happen every day, change your perception of what a miracle is and you’ll see them all around you.— Jon Bon Jovi
10. Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen.— Michael Jordan
Also, read these powerful fate quotes for more inspiration.
Everything happens for a reason quotes that will make your day
11. Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen.— Ralph Waldo Emerson
12. “I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they’re right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.”— Marilyn Monroe
13. I believe that the Laws of Karma do not apply to show business, where good things happen to bad people on a fairly regular basis.— Chuck Lorre (view inspirational karma quotes)
14. “Someday, everything will make perfect sense. So for now, laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears, be strong and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason.”— John Mayer
15. I wouldn’t change anything. I think that it’s important to let things happen, and stay ‘happened’. I think that’s all part of the learning curve, part of fate. I’m just glad that it happened.— Mike Peters
16. “Everything happens for a reason, even bad things.”— Rick Riordan
17. “Do you believe that there are no coincidences in life? Everything happens for a reason. Every person we meet have a roll in our life, either it is big or small. Some will hurt, betray and make us cry. Some will teach us lesson, not to change us, but to make us to be a better person.”— Cynthia Rusli
18. “Receive with simplicity everything that happens to you.” – Rashi
19. “Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck.” — Dalai Lama
20. “Everything happens for a reason. If that reason has not become clear yet, it is because whatever is happening is preparing you for something that is yet to come.” – Teal Swan
Everything Happens for a Reason Quotes to inspire you
21. “Sometimes a “mistake” can end up being the best decision you ever make.” – Mandy Hale
22. “Success is not a miracle. Nor is it a matter of luck. Everything happens for a reason, good or bad, positive or negative.” – Brian Tracy
23. “Life’s too precious, so have fun, treasure the memories, say what you want, do what you want, have no regrets and remember everything happens for a reason.” – Abhishek Tiwari
24. “I knew everything happened for a reason. I just wished the reason would hurry up and make itself known.” – Christina Lauren
25. “Just remember everything happens for a reason. We just have to pick ourselves up, and look on the bright side of life.” – Megan Smith
26. “Most things happen for a reason and it may take years to discover why, but this is almost always for the better.” – Ursula A. Ciller
27. “Things happen they way they’re meant to. There’s a pattern and a shape to everything…Nothing happens without a reason…Nothing is impossible.” – Rosamunde Pilcher
28. “Everything happens for a reason and a purpose, and it serves you.” – Tony Robbins
29. “Even seasonal situations can bring with them lessons that last a lifetime. If the love doesn’t last, it prepares you for the one that will.” – Mandy Hale
30. “The pessimist reason that things just happen, where the optimist believes that things happen for a reason.” – Anthony Liccione
31. “Things are finally starting to calm down and be the way they’re supposed to be. I think things happen for a reason.” – Eddie Cibrian
32. “Remember that everything that is happening around you, good or bad, is in some way conspiring to help you.” – Debasish Mridha
33. “I don’t believe in luck. I believe everything happens for a reason.” —Nelly
34. “I believe that everything happens for a reason, but I think it’s important to seek out that reason; that’s how we learn.” – Drew Barrymore
35. “All is grace. Nothing happens by chance, everything happens for a reason. Life is beautiful!” – Joel Randymar
Everything has a reason quotes that make you wonder what it all means
36. “I feel that things happen for a reason and open up new opportunities.” — Jil Sander
37. “Everything happens for a reason and something better will come along for me!” — Selena Gomez
38. “Everything that happens happens as it should, and if you observe carefully, you will find this to be so.” — Marcus Aurelius
39. “I’m one of those people that thinks things happen for a reason, and you just have to look for the reason.” — Clint Black
40. “But if I’ve heard this saying once, I’ve heard it a thousand times- everything happens for a reason. And possibly it does. I just haven’t found the reason that this all happened yet.” — Jerry Lawler
41. “I always say that things are meant to be and everything happens for a reason, so I don’t have any regrets.” — Kevin Pietersen
42. “God lets everything happen for a reason. It’s all a learning process, and you have to go from one level to another.” — Mike Tyson
43. “Everything happens for a reason. That reason causes change. Sometimes the change hurts. Sometimes the change is hard. But in the end, it’s all for the best.” — Ritu Ghatourey
44. “Sometimes good things fall apart so better things could fall together.” – Marilyn Monroe
45. “I believe everything happens for a reason, and what seems bad at first might, in fact, be a blessing.” – Robert Greene
Everything happens for a reason quotes that will encourage you
46. “Believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it.” – Harvey Mackay
47. “God will never give you anything you can’t handle, so don’t stress.” – Kelly Clarkson
48. “Everything happens for a reason. Wait on God and trust in Him.” – Germany Kent
49. “There will be times when doors close. Accept it. That chapter ended for a reason and in due time you will understand why.” – Germany Kent
50. “Everything happens for a reason because God plans your life for you ahead of time.” – Nishan Panwar
51. “I think that everything happens for a reason, everything happens when it’s going to happen.” – Lou Reed
52. “Everything happens for a reason, although we may not understand it at the time, if you hang in there, all the pieces will eventually fall where they belong.” – Nishan Panwar
53. “Everything happens for a reason. I may not know why or how, but God does & that is all that matters!” – Nishan Panwar
54. “I believe that things happen for a reason. I think there are no coincidences in life.” – Corey Feldman
55. “It’s true that everything happens for a reason, but it is always our responsibility to choose the reasons.” – Hal Elrod
56. “When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.” – Helen Keller
Everything happens for a reason quotes about what people believe
57. “Everything happens for a reason, sometimes it makes us happy, sometimes it makes us sad, and it’s called life, never give up.” — Tejas M. Vithalani
58. “Sometimes it takes a wrong turn to get you to the right place.” — Mandy Hale
59. “Not everything happens for a reason. Sometimes life just sucks.” — Alexa Chung
60. “Everything happens for a reason. I believe in this at the highest level.” – Mpho Koaho
61. “So I try not to look too far into the future because I think that everything happens and will happen for a reason.” —Carrot Top
62. “Everything happens for a reason, but they all lessons.”—Lil Boosie
63. “You know the minute you stop thinking about it, it’ll happen.” ― Sarah Dessen
64. “Sit and reflect on life itself and you would discover that nothing happens by chance.” — T. B. Joshua
66. “Thank life for happening, Thank every twist and turn, There is a reason for every single thing, there is a reason for every worry and concern.” — Dante Jannicelli
67. “Sometimes life doesn’t make sense. Sometimes there is no good reason for the events that take place. But most times, you’ll realize it will all make sense for a much better reason, if you’re patient enough to wait.” ― Brittany Burgunder
68. “Everything that happens helps you grow, even if its hard to see right now.”— Austin Mahone
69. “Everything happens for a reason, and part of that beauty of life is that we’re not allowed to know those reasons for certain.”— Aron Ralston
70. “The whole universe is based on rhythms. Everything happens in circles, in spirals.”— John Hartford
It’s hard to believe this sometimes
There will be moments in everyone’s life when it is nearly impossible to believe that this horrible thing happening to you has any purpose.
You might question if you believe everything happens for a reason.
That choice is yours, and we understand how hard it can be.
Ultimately, you will choose the life philosophy that works best to get you through the hard times.
That’s all any of us can do anyway, as there is no one size fits all approach to our lives.
‘Everything happens for a reason’ wall art will serve as a reminder and help you live this philosophy every day.
Which of these “everything happens for a reason” quotes resonated with you the most?
Let us know in the comment section below.