90 Exercise Quotes That Will Make You Drop And Give Me 20 (2022)
Exercising is one of the very best things that we can do for both our minds and our bodies.
To get the body moving and the heart rate pumping, this allows us to feel as if we can conquer the world.
And why can’t we, really?!
Allow these exercise quotes to get you moving and ready to kick butt.
We all know that exercise is good for us, but yet it’s still hard to find that motivation to get started.
These quotes will help inspire you to take action and get started.
Regular exercise is good for our physical and mental health.
It helps relieve stress, get better sleep, have more energy, and be more positive.
The benefits of exercise are almost too numerous to list.
But it’s hard work and that work, and pain often stops us from sticking with a set exercise routine.
Finding that motivation to get started and then stick with it, can be the difference in you having the life of your dreams or spending most of your time feeling bad physically and down mentally.
Choose the exercise quotes below that really inspire you, and then, get started!
For additional help, check out these discipline quotes to help keep you on track.
Exercisequotes to help you push through the pain
1. “The last three or four reps is what makes the muscle grow. This area of pain divides a champion from someone who is not a champion.” — Arnold Schwarzenegger
2. “All progress takes place outside the comfort zone.” – Michael John Bobak
3. “What hurts today makes you stronger tomorrow.” – Jay Cutler
4. “Pain is weakness leaving the body” ― Tera Lynn Childs
5. “The pain you feel today will be the strength you feel tomorrow.” Anonymous
6. “Sore today, strong tomorrow.” —Tone It Up
7. “No pain. No gain. Shut up and train.” —Unknown
8. “Sore. The most satisfying pain.” —Unknown
Exercise quotes on overcoming weakness
9. “If you think lifting is dangerous, try being weak. Being weak is dangerous.” – Bret Contreras
10. “A champion is someone who gets up when they can’t.” – Jack Dempsey
11. “If something stands between you and your success, move it. Never be denied.” – Dwayne Johnson
12. “If it doesn’t challenge you, it doesn’t change you.” – Anonymous
13. “Bad habits are easy and discipline is hard-and “easy” is where people gravitate. A good work ethic requires a painstaking daily effort. Easy typically leads to a life long list of problems but the discipline of having a plan leads to an extraordinary rewarding life. In the long run, the easy way makes life harder and the harder way makes life easier.” – Tony Horton
14. “I hate every minute of training. But I said, don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as champion.” – Muhammad Ali
Youhave to stick with exercise quotes
15. ”In two weeks, you’ll feel it. In four weeks, you’ll see it. In eight weeks, you’ll hear it.” —Unknown
16. “When you feel like stopping think about why you started” —Unknown
17. “Work out. Eat well. Be patient. Your body will reward you.” —Unknown
18. “I never regret it when I do it, but I always regret it when I don’t.” —Unknown
19. “I already know what giving up feels like. I want to see what happens if I don’t.” —Neila Rey
20. “A 30-minute workout is just two percent of your day. No excuses.” —Unknown
Exercise quotes to help make you strong
21. “It’s easier to wake up early in the morning & work out, than it is to look in the mirror each day & not like what you see.” —Unknown
22. “I will beat her. I will train harder. I will eat cleaner. I know her weaknesses. I know her strengths. I’ve lost to her before, but not this time. She’s going down. I have the advantage because I know her well. She is the old me.” —Unknown
23. “Your body can do it it’s time to convince your mind.” —Unknown
24. “Your mind will quit 100 times before your body ever does. Feel the pain and do it anyway …” —Unknown
25. “Excuses are a list of self imposed obstacles that prevent you from having a better life.” – Tony Horton
Exercise quotes that show results come from work
26. “The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary.” – Vidal Sassoon
27. “The successful warrior is the average man, with laser-like focus.” – Bruce Lee
28. “Action is the foundational key to all success.” – Pablo Picasso
29. “Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.” – Abraham Lincoln
30. “Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.” – Jim Ryun
31. “You get what you work for.” —Unknown
32. “No matter how slow you go, you’re still lapping everybody on the couch.” —Elite Daily
Exercise quotes to help you choose the right mindset for
33. “Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t, you’re right.” – Henry Ford
34. “You must expect great things of yourself before you can do them.” – Michael Jordan
35. “You have to think it before you can do it. The mind is what makes it all possible.” – Kai Greene
36. “Exercise is a celebration of what your body can do. Not a punishment for what you ate.” – Anonymous
37. “Success starts with self-discipline.” —Unknown
38. “The body achieves what the mind believes.” – Anonymous
39. “You’re far too smart to be the only thing standing in your way.” —Fit Girls Diary
40. “Do NOT say you “can’t”! You can say, “I don’t want to”. You can say, “I’m not willing to put forth the effort”. But DO NOT say you CAN’T!” – Tony Horton
Exercise quotes to remind of its benefits
41. “An early-morning walk is a blessing for the whole day.” – Henry David Thoreau
42. “Typically, people who exercise, start eating better and become more productive at work. They smoke less and show more patience with colleagues and family. They use their credit cards less frequently and say they feel less stressed. Exercise is a keystone habit that triggers widespread change.” – Charles Duhigg
43. “If you are in a bad mood go for a walk.If you are still in a bad mood go for another walk.” ― Hippocrates
44. “You don’t get the ass you want by sitting on it.” – Unknown
45. “Good things come to those who sweat.” – Anonymous
46. “The reason I exercise is for the quality of life I enjoy.” – Kenneth H. Cooper
47. “When it comes to health and well-being, regular exercise is about as close to a magic potion as you can get.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
48. “If you don’t make time for exercise, you’ll probably have to make time for illness.” – Robin Sharma
49. “Exercise for the joy of feeling good and getting better. Eat right with the intention of fueling your body with the things it needs to perform.” – Tony Horton
50. “Do today what others won’t so tomorrow you can do what others can’t.” – Jerry Rice
Powerful Exercise Quotes To Remind You To Keep Going
51. “The hardest thing about exercise is to start doing it. Once you are doing exercise regularly, the hardest thing is to stop it.” — Erin Gray
52. “I like exercise. I like a healthy body.” — Erin Gray
53. “Exercise should be regarded as tribute to the heart.” — Gene Tunney
54. “Physical fitness is not only one of the most important keys to a healthy body, but it is also the basis of dynamic and creative intellectual activity.” — John F. Kennedy
55. “To enjoy the glow of good health, you must exercise.” — James Raj
56. “Movement is a medicine for creating change in a person’s physical, emotional and mental states.” — Carol Welch
57. “If you don’t practice you don’t deserve to win.” — Andre Agassi
58. “Exercise keeps me occupied, which is good for my mental health.” — Gail Porter
59. “Hard days are the best because that’s when champions are made.” — Gabby Douglas
60. “If you only ever give 90% in training then you will only ever give 90% when it matters.” – Michael Owen
Exercise Quotes To Help You Hit Your Fitness Goals
61. “Walking is the best possible exercise. Habituate yourself to walk very far.” — Thomas Jefferson
62. “Walking: the most ancient exercise and still the best modern exercise.” — Carrie Latet.
63. “Walking for health and fitness, the easiest way to get in shape and stay in shape.” — Frank Ring.
64. “One man practicing sportsmanship is far better than 50 preaching it.” — Knute Rockne
65. “Exercise is king. Nutrition is Queen. Put them together and you’ve got a kingdom.” — Jack Lalanne
66. “Unless you puke, faint, or die, keep going.” — Jillian Michaels
67. “If you lack the motivation to train then think what happens to your mind & body when you don’t. — Shifu Yan Lei
68. The best abs exercise is 5 sets of stop eating so much crap. — Lazar Angelov
69. “Blood, Sweat and respect. First two you give. last one you earn.” — Dwayne Johnson
70. “I am always in the gym sparring. I look at every fight kind of like a sparring match.” — Chris Weidman
Exercise Quotes To Maintain A Healthy Body
71. “Excuses don’t kill the fat, exercises do.” ― Amit Kalantri
72. “Run for fun. Run for exercise. Run for a better life.” ― Toni Sorenson
73. “Of the big five factors in happiness—flexible schedule, imagination, diet, exercise, and sleep—my pick for the most important is exercise.” ― Scott Adams
74. “You ought to take more exercise, if you’re inclined to have a liver. Play golf.” ― Daphne du Maurier
75. “Do not avoid the stairs because they are really good exercises for the real life!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
76. “Exercise because you want to be healthy and energetic. Read because you want to constantly learn. Meditate because you want to be connected to being.” ― Robert Celner
77. “You would be surprised what two hours of daily exercise and five hundred stomach crunches can do for you.” ― Justina Chen Headley
78. “Things that you are unlikely to regret: exercise, eating healthily, challenging yourself, making a plan, being kind.” ― Freequill
79. “Exercise your mind the same as you would exercise your body. Practice healthy mental habits that will help you, empower you, and improve your perspectives. Practice them daily.” ― Akiroq Brost
80. Intellectual activity is incompatible with any large amount of bodily exercise.” ― Nathaniel Hawthorne
Exercise Quotes To Maintain A Healthy Lifestyle
81. “You have to exercise, or at some point you’ll just break down.” — Barack Obama
82. “Those who think they have not time for bodily exercise will sooner or later have to find time for illness.” — Edward Stanley
83. “Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body.” — Joseph Addison
84. “If we could give every individual the right amount of nourishment and exercise, not too little and not too much, we would have found the safest way to health.” — Hippocrates
85. “Running is not just exercise; it is a lifestyle.” — John Bingham
86. “For food and exercise, while possessing opposite qualities, yet work together to produce health.” — Hippocrates
87. “When it comes to eating right and exercising, there is no ‘I’ll start tomorrow’.” — VL Allineare
88. “The only way for a rich man to be healthy is by exercise and abstinence, to live as if he were poor.” — William Temple
89. “I’m addicted to exercising and I have to do something every day.” — Arnold Schwarzenegger
90. “Exercise is labor without weariness.” — Samuel Johnson
Did these exercise quotes motivate you to take action?
Once you know how good exercise is for you, there really aren’t any good excuses to get in your way.
You can use the pain and soreness as a sign that positive changes are on their way.
Focusing on overcoming your weaknesses and embracing the work can help you to stick with it and eventually achieve the results and benefits that you’re after.
The toughest part is usually getting started.
Choose a few of the quotes above that inspire you and put them up where you’ll see them on a regular basis to help stay motivated.
It’s in your control.
You got this!
Which of these exercise quotes resonated with you best?
Do you have any other inspirational quotes to add?
Feel free to share with us in the comment section below.
September 26, 2022 6:00 AM EST