85 When It’s Time to Walk Away Quotes
Find the motivation and courage you need to change your life with these walk away quotes.
Life doesn’t always go exactly as we expect it to.
Sometimes we find out that there is something or someone in our life that isn’t the best for us.
When that happens, it’s time to walk away.
What’s the right way to walk away?
Change is hard and it can be difficult for you to decide to take that first step to walk away.
But if you give in and stay, you are are going to miss an opportunity to grow and experience the good things that are waiting for you.
We have prepared the following walk away quotes and sayings to inspire you to take the first step.
Walking away quotes for when you’re aren’t sure you’re ready to go
1. “I truly loved you, but now I’m walking away.” – Jonny Lang
2. “Selfhood begins with a walking away, And love is proved in letting go.”―Cecil Day-Lewis
3. “I am good at walking away. Rejection teaches you how to reject.” – Jeanette Winterson
4. “Some of us think holding on makes us strong, but sometimes it is letting go.”―Herman Hesse
5. “Here are moments when you have to just walk away and cry.” – Lou Angeli
6. “Sometimes the hardest part isn’t letting go but rather learning to start over.”―Nicole Sobon
7. “Sometimes you have to walk away from people, not because you don’t care, but because they don’t.”―Melchor Lim
8. “Courage is the power to let go of the familiar.”―Raymond Lindquist
9. “Learning to walk away is hard but staying to suffer is harder.” – Mariel Avila
10. “I am a slow walker, but I never walk back.” — Abraham Lincoln
Walk away quotes to help you know when it’s better to go
11. “In the process of letting go, you will lose many things from the past, but you will find yourself.”―Deepak Chopra
12. “The beautiful journey of today can only begin when we learn to let go of yesterday.”―Steve Maraboli
13. “When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us.”―Alexander Graham Bell
14. “If you have to force it, leave it. Relationships. Friendships. Yoga poses. Perfect ponytails. Let that shit go.”―Akua Naru
15. “In the end, only three things matter: how much you loved, how gently you lived, and how gracefully you let go of things not meant for you.”―Gautama Buddha
16. “How do you look at someone you love and tell yourself it’s time to walk away?” – The Vow
17. “Happiness is letting go of what you think your life is supposed to look like and celebrating it for everything that it is.”―Mandy Hale
18. “Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go and then do it.”―Ann Lander
19. “Knowing when to walk away, is wisdom. Being able to is courage. Walking away with grace, and your head held high, is dignity.”―Ritu Ghatourey
20. “When it’s time for me to walk away from something, I walk away from it. My mind, my body, my conscience tells me that enough is enough.” – Jerry West
Walk away quotes to help you eliminate the negative things
21. “Anyone or anything that is negative, you should walk away from. Make room for all the positives.” – Wendy John
22. “Just pick up your courage and walk away. Don’t waste your time. The longer one drags on, the amount of pain accumulates.” – Dick Hirayama
23. “Once you realize you deserve a bright future, letting go of your dark past is the best choice you will ever make.”―Roy T. Bennett
24. “I no longer want to be that person who keeps crying at night so I am more careful this time.” – Unknown
25. “Trust yourself and walk away from situations and people that don’t have your best interest at heart.” – Ben Ruston
Walk away quotes to help you take a step forward
26. “Don’t dwell on what went wrong. Instead, focus on what to do next. Spend your energy moving forward together towards an answer.”―Denis Waitley
27. “The only thing a person can ever really do is keep moving forward. Take that big leap forward without hesitation, without once looking back. Simply forget the past and forge toward the future.”―Alyson Noel
28. “As we grow older and wiser, we begin to realize what we need in life and what we need to leave behind. Sometimes walking away is just a step forward.” – Unknown
29. “Letting go may sound so simple, but rarely is it a one-time thing. Just keep letting go, until one day it’s gone for good.”―Eleanor Brown
30. “To let go is to release the images and emotions, the fears, the clingings and disappointments of the past that bind our spirit.”―Jack Kornfield
Walk away quotes to give you courage
31. “When the tears are too many and the love is too little when you want to smile but you have to sigh and you’re tired of the lies but your heart can’t handle the truth, that’s when you have to decide if it’s better to stay or just walk away.” – Rashida Rowe
32. “Don’t be afraid to walk away. It’s better to walk away than being taken for granted.” – Unknown
33. “Part of being a winner is knowing when enough is enough. Sometimes you have to give up the fight and walk away, and move on to something that’s more productive.” – Donald Trump
34. “Sometimes walking away has nothing to do with weakness and everything to do with strength. We walk away not because we want others to realize our worth and value, but because we finally realize our own.” – Robert Tew
35. “One of the most courageous decisions you’ll ever make is to finally let go of what is hurting your heart and soul.”―Brigitte Nicole
36. “The moment you feel like you have to prove your worth to someone is the moment to absolutely and utterly walk away.” – Alysia Harris
37. “I’ve often tried to explain it and now realize something can never be explained, nor should you waste your time trying. Just walk away.” – Ellie Borak
38. “If you don’t walk away, you’ll hurt yourself beyond repair. Remember, you’re a precious child of God, deserving to be treated kindly.” – Zenobia Davis
Walk away quotes for when it’s hard to go
39. “Goodbye is the absolute hardest thing to say because you have to walk away with just a memory and after a while that memory fades.” – Sarah Dillon
40. “You only struggle because you’re ready to grow but aren’t willing to let go.”―Drew Gerald
41. “You don’t need strength to let go of something. What you really need is understanding.”―Guy Finley
42. “The hardest part about walking away from someone is when you realize that no matter how slow you go, that someone will never run after you.” – Bethany Megan
43. “Nothing in the universe can stop you from letting go and starting over.”―Guy Finley
44. “Sometimes it’s best to just walk away, count your loss, say a prayer and go on with your life. Time and forgiveness has a way of healing the pain and hurt that you will undoubtedly feel.” – David Kreger
45. “Sometimes you have to smile and pretend everything’s okay. Hold back the tears, and just walk away.” – Anurag Prakash Ray
46. “Letting go is hard, but there comes a time when you accept the fact, that you can’t go back to how it was and it’s time to wish them best and walk away.” – Punkinhead Abhishek
47. “The most painful thing is losing yourself in the process of loving someone too much, and forgetting that you are special too.” —Ernest Hemingway
48. “Letting go means to come to the realization that some people are a part of your history, but not a part of your destiny.”―S. Maraboli
Other motivational walk away quotes
49. “Accept yourself, love yourself, and keep moving forward. If you want to fly, you have to give up what weighs you down.”―Roy T. Bennett
50. “Today expect something good to happen to you no matter what occurred yesterday. Realize the past no longer holds you captive. It can only continue to hurt you if you hold on to it. Let the past go. A simply abundant world awaits.”―Sarah Ban Breathnach
51. “You can walk away and say “We don’t need this.” but something in your eyes says “We can beat this.” – Taylor Swift
52. “I know you’ll think this is crazy, but all I want to do is hold you, and I think that if you’ll let me do that just for a few seconds, I can walk away, and never speak to you again.” – David Guterson
53. “When trust is broken how can you repair it? Sometimes you just have to walk away.” – Hattie Lou
54. “Life is too short for unreality and you don’t owe anybody anything – especially your time, energy, and attention.” – Oli Anderson
55. “Never worry what others say when you walk away from all the drama. Be grateful you had the strength and courage to stay out of the conflict and be at peace with your choices.” – Elle Sommer
Walk away quotes that are perfect for Instagram
56. “Every woman that finally figured out her worth, has picked up her suitcases of pride and boarded a flight to freedom, which landed in the valley of incredible change.”―Shannon L. Alder
57. “Most of us need something not to walk away from.” ― Josh Stern
58. “You can’t walk away from beauty, but you can destroy it.” — Anthony T. Hincks
59. “If they don’t chase you when you walk away… Keep walking!” ― Nitya Prakash
60. “If you don’t like the road you’re walking, start paving another one.” — Dolly Parton
61. “Walk on, yes, but don’t walk away from people who need you.” — Rachel Hartman
62. “Learn to walk away from the arms where you don’t belong before you end up suffocating there.” — Sai Pradeep
63. “There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it.” — José N. Harris
64. “If you can walk away from a landing, it’s a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it’s an outstanding landing.” — Chuck Yeager
65. “If you walked away from a toxic, negative, abusive, one-sided, dead-end low vibrational relationship or friendship — you won.” ― Lalah Delia
Thought-provoking walk away quotes
66. “Never love anybody that treats you like you’re ordinary.” – Oscar Wilde
67. “Letting go doesn’t mean that you don’t care about someone anymore. It’s just realizing that the only person you really have control over is yourself.” – Deborah Reber
68. “And that’s when I know it’s over. As soon as you start thinking about the beginning, it’s the end.” – Junot Díaz
69. “No matter how bad you want a person, if your hearts are in two different places, you’ll have to pass and move on.” – Alexandra Elle
70. “It’s easy to fall in love, Ben. The hard part comes when you want out.” – Colleen Hoover
71. “If you really want closure… at some point, you have to shut the door.” – Jacki Wells Wunderlin
72. “There’s an important difference between giving up and letting go.” – Jessica Hatchigan
73. “Don’t wait. If it’s not right, move on.” – Andy Lau
74. “You’ve got to make a conscious choice every day to shed the old – whatever “the old” means for you.” – Sarah Ban Breathnach
75. “The hardest thing I’ll ever do is walk away still loving you.” – Tracy Lawrence
Walk Away Quotes To Help You Move On And Find Peace
76. “Forgiveness enables me to walk away from that pain, the loneliness and suffering.” ― Sharon E. Rainey
77. “You will never see me surrender, never see me cry, but you will often see me walk away. Turn around and just leave, without looking back.” ― Charlotte Eriksson
78. “To win a negotiation you have to show you’re willing to walk away. And the best way to show you’re willing to walk away is to walk away.” ― Matt Nix
79. “Walking away from the problems you don’t want in your life gets easier each time it becomes clearer to you who no longer need to be.” ― Guy Finley
80. “The moment he makes you feel like he’s done something to benefit you, walk away, because it’s what will get you into the most trouble.” ― K. Weikel
81. “Once you’re clear on what your bottom line is, you have to be willing to walk away.” ― Chris Voss
82. “Some people feel like they don’t deserve love. They walk away quietly into empty spaces, trying to close the gaps of the past.” ― Sean Penn
83. When they treat you unkind and attempt to ruin your day, Stop, pray and walk away (SPW)” ― Charmaine J. Forde
84. “I got to walk away, walk away. There’s nothing left that I can do but walk away, Walk away, Slowly turn my eyes from you and walk away.” ― Del Shannon
85. “It takes faith to walk away from anything that keeps you away from the face of God.” ― Gift Gugu Mona
Is it time for you to walk away from something?
If you just read through these quotes then there is probably something that you are thinking about walking away from.
It could be a certain situation or a person in your life.
Whatever it is, as many of these quotes mention, there are many times when walking away from something is what’s in your best interest.
That doesn’t mean it’s going to feel easy or even like something that you want to do.
But after you take that step, you’ll realize that it’s what was what you needed to do.
Walking away from the things in your life that shouldn’t be there will open you up to new and better opportunities.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these inspirational walk away quotes?
Do you have any other helpful quotes to add?
Let us know in the comment section below.