70 Memory Quotes to Motivate You to Create New & Wonderful Ones
These memory quotes will help remind you how far you’ve come and motivate you to keep moving forward.
In life, memory is all that we have.
Each moment in time is so fleeting that it is over in an instant.
Every decision, every experience, every minute – it is all gone as quickly as it started.
That is why we have our memories.
What is your fondest memory?
While wise men say that it is better to live in the present, there is no harm in a little nostalgia every once in a while, right?
After all, what were all of those great experiences for if we can’t look back on them and remember what we learned and how we felt?
As long as we understand that the past is the past and it cannot be changed, it can be fun to look back on old times.
It can do wonders for your well-being to stop and reflect on how far you’ve come and remember loving memories.
Let these memory quotes inspire you to create new and wonderful memories every day.
Nostalgic memory quotes
1. “It doesn’t matter what you did in the past, you can’t change it. The best you can do about your past is to be nostalgic with your family and loved ones about happy memories.” – Zoe McKey
2. “We must use time wisely for our development and advancement; so that when we are old, we can look back and recollect the pleasant memories and deeds that we have achieved.” – Michael Lee
3. “Memories may fade as the years go by but they won’t age a day.” –Michelle C. Ustaszeski
4. “Many incidents of those early years are fixed in my memory, isolated, but clear and distinct, making the sense of that silent, aimless, dayless life all the more intense.” – Helen Keller
5. “Memory is the treasure house of the mind wherein the monuments thereof are kept and preserved.” – Thomas Fuller
6. “Imagination has a great potential to improve your memory. It allows traveling beyond the horizon, attaching various stories or images to the things you wish to remember, in turn it will strengthen your memory.” –William D, Memory
7. “Enjoy good memories. But don’t spend your remaining days here looking back, wishing for “the good old days.” – Randy Alcorn
8. “Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it.” – L.M. Montgomery
Attentive memory quotes
9. “To observe attentively is to remember distinctly.” – Edgar Allan Poe
10. “The amazing power of pictures to stay in the memory is well documented.” – Graham Shaw
11. “Figure out how to be keen on it, make it fun and you will learn quicker, and recollect more.” – Eimantas Gabalis
12. “More than 1500 students showed me when to talk and when to listen. They taught me how to imagine, and how to dream. They gave me wonderful memories, and left footprints on my heart.” – Jacquie McTaggart
13. “Here’s a basic memory rule: You Can Remember Any New Piece of Information if It Is Associated to Something You Already Know or Remember.” – Harry Lorayne
14. “No man has a good enough memory to be a successful liar”- Abraham Lincoln
15. “Science has proven that people who regularly jot down their thoughts in a journal are less likely to have cognitive and memory loss as they age.” – Christian J. Borg
16. “You can’t trust your memory, when you think of an idea write it down.” – Joe Hinchliffe
17. “Anyone who conducts an argument by appealing to authority is not using his intelligence; he is just using his memory.” – Leonardo da Vinci
18. “Just as food eaten without appetite is a tedious nourishment, so does study without zeal damage the memory by not assimilating what it absorbs.” – Leonardo da Vinci
Memory quotes about happiness
19. “On this Valentines let me tell you, you are a sweetheart who makes every day the bright and cheerful kind, who brings the warmest memories and the happiest thoughts to mind.” – Catherine Pulsifer
20. “There would be many things to follow, as our friendship has many things. And so much of them reminds me of the happiness our friendship brings.” – Julie Hebert
21. “Memories were a welcome reprieve from the worries of my day.” – Unknown
22. “Pleasure is the flower that passes; remembrance, the lasting perfume.” – Jean de Boufflers
23. “A healthy relationship requires you to let go of the bitter memories of past and moves on with a new hope.” – Adam Green, T.D.
24. “Allow yourself to smile just a tiny bit. Like revisiting a memory of happiness. Turn the corners of your mouth turn up a little and feel the muscles of your cheekbones slightly contracting.” – Jenny Clift
25. “Memories warm you up from the inside. But they also tear you apart.” – Haruki Murakami
26. “The worst part of holding the memories is not the pain. It’s the loneliness of it. Memories need to be shared.” – Lois Lowry
27. “Humans, not places, make memories.” – Ama Ata Aidoo
28. “Memories are bullets. Some whiz by and only spook you. Others tear you open and leave you in pieces.” – Richard Kadrey
29. “If you tell the truth, you don’t have to remember anything.” – Mark Twain
30. “A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.” – Steven Wright
Memory quotes about identity
31. “No one can ever take your memories from you – each day is a new beginning, make good memories every day.” – Catherine Pulsifer
32. “You may not think you have a good memory, but you remember what’s important to you.” – Rick Warren
33. “Memory is a record of your personal experience. It is a record of trial and error, defeat and success. Past failures will warn you against repeating them.” – Wilfred Peterson
34. “Your memory is the glue that binds your life together; everything you are today is because of your amazing memory. You are a data collecting being, and your memory is where your life is lived.” – Kevin Horsley
35. “Your self is created by your memories, and your memories are created by your mental habits.” – Rick Warren
36. “Good memories are most often created without conscious effort. These are the memories that result from those unselfish acts or behaviors that give of our time, talents or gifts without any due regard for repayment.” – Byron R. Pulsifer
37. “With a strong, healthy memory, you can overcome mental barriers to achieve success in your personal, professional, and academic life. Without it, you will find yourself struggling at every turn.” – John Parker
38. “Memories of our lives, of our works and our deeds will continue in others.” – Rosa Parks
39. “People leave strange little memories of themselves behind when they die.” – Haruki Murakami
40. “Every man’s memory is his private literature.” – Aldous Huxley
41. “There are lots of people who mistake their imagination for their memory.” – Josh Billings
Memory quotes about experience
42. “Those moments you fail are not the end, they are periods in which you recollect thoughts, ideas, and ambitions, and change direction.” – Benjamin Chapin
43. “Love poems are little bits of memory and story that remind and shape us back into the experience of love.” – Tito Tinajero
44. “Don’t let the “good old days” be your memory. Make each day a good day so as you are growing older life is an adventure to be enjoyed not a memory.” – Catherine Pulsifer
45. “What we call memories are really present thoughts. What we call anticipations are really present thoughts. No one has ever lived in any moment except the present.” – Emmet Fox
46. “No matter how much suffering you went through, you never wanted to let go of those memories.” – Haruki Murakami
47. “There are memories that time does not erase… Forever does not make loss forgettable, only bearable.” – Cassandra Clare
48. “There comes a time in your life when you have to choose to turn the page, write another book or simply close it.” – Shannon L. Alder
49. “The worst memories stick with us, while the nice ones always seem to slip through our fingers.” – Rachel Vincent
50. “People don’t realize that now is all there ever is; there is no past or future except as memory or anticipation in your mind.” – Eckhart Tolle
51. “All water has a perfect memory and is forever trying to get back to where it was.” – Toni Morrison
Other Memory quotes and sayings
52. “Memory is the treasury and guardian of all things.” – Marcus Tullius Cicero
53. “A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.” – Leonard Nimoy
54. “When we think of the past it’s the beautiful things we pick out. We want to believe it was all like that.” – Margaret Atwood
55. “We are always remaking history. Our memory is always an interpretive reconstruction of the past, so is perspective.” – Umberto Eco
56. “Without memory, there is no culture. Without memory, there would be no civilization, no society, no future.” – Elie Wiesel
57. “Nothing fixes a thing so intensely in the memory as the wish to forget it.” – Michel de Montaigne
58. “Some memories are realities and are better than anything that can ever happen to one again.” – Willa Cather
59. “The happiest memories are of moments that ended when they should have.” – Robert Breault
60. “Things that were hard to bear are sweet to remember.” – Seneca the Younger
Memory quotes that totally make sense
61. “Right now I’m having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I’ve forgotten this before.” ― Steven Wright
62. “Our memory is a more perfect world than the universe: it gives back life to those who no longer exist.” ― Guy de Maupassant
63. “Memories, even your most precious ones, fade surprisingly quickly. But I don’t go along with that. The memories I value most, I don’t ever see them fading.” ― Kazuo Ishiguro
64. “Forbidden to remember, terrified to forget; it was a hard line to walk.” ― Stephenie Meyer
65. “The advantage of a bad memory is that one enjoys several times the same good things for the first time.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche
66. “What I like about photographs is that they capture a moment that’s gone forever, impossible to reproduce.” ― Karl Lagerfeld
67. “One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory.” ― Rita Mae Brown
68. “People have an annoying habit of remembering things they shouldn’t.” ― Christopher Paolini
69. “We are all the pieces of what we remember. We hold in ourselves the hopes and fears of those who love us. As long as there is love and memory, there is no true loss.” ― Cassandra Clare
70. “Memory is more indelible than ink.” ― Anita Loos
Memory Quotes To Remind You Of Good Times
71. “Memory is the power to revive again in our minds those ideas which after imprinting have disappeared, or have been laid aside out of sight.” — John Locke
72. “Fond memory brings the light of other days around me.” — Thomas Moore
73. “Gratitude is when memory is stored in the heart and not in the mind.” — Lionel Hampton
74. “The more hooks an idea has, the better it will cling to memory.” — Chip Heath
75. “Memory is satisfied desire.” — Carlos Fuentes
76. “Time and space may separate us, but not the thoughts and memories that bind us.” — Ed Parker
77. “Travel gives a character of experience to our knowledge, and brings the figures on the tablet of memory into strong relief.” — Henry Theodore Tuckerman
78. “Love leaves a memory nobody can take away from you.” — Danielle Campbell
79. “Sometimes you will never know the value of something,until it becomes a memory.” — Dr. Seuss
80. “You never know when you’re making a memory.” — Rickie Lee Jones
Which of these memory quotes is your favorite?
While looking back on your life with regret is not advised, it can be nice to reflect on your past in a more positive way.
Reflecting on your youth can remind you how far you’ve come.
It is natural for us to be our biggest critics, and sometimes we get lost in our future goals.
Remembering the past can remind you of the progress you’ve made and motivate you to keep moving forward.
When memories are all we have to show for our lives, we better make them good ones.
Make sure to make a new and wonderful memory every day so that someday you can look back on those moments with love.
Did you enjoy these memory quotes and sayings?
Which quote was your favorite?
Let us know in the comment section below.
September 26, 2022 5:00 AM EST