60 Trust No One Quotes About Forming Your Own Opinion
Trust is important in any relationship, so it might seem counterproductive to have a list of “trust no one” quotes.
However, if you think of it in the sense of trusting yourself instead of blindly following the opinions of others, you will see how it makes sense!
There are some insightful trust quotes from famous people like Eminem and Lady Gaga on this list.
There are also some about love and relationships, as well as trusting yourself and others.
These trust “no one quotes” don’t literally say never to trust another human being.
Instead, they offer brilliant advice, like “Don’t trust people who tell you other people’s secrets.”
If the person talking to you will betray someone else’s trust in them, they will do the same to you.
Knowing who to trust and who not to trust all stems from trusting yourself, as you will see as you keep reading!
Don’t forget to check out these trust quotes honoring confidence, belief and faith.
Trust No One Quotes from Famous People
1. “Don’t trust people who tell you other people’s secrets.” — Dan Howell
2. “The trust of the innocent is the liar’s most useful tool.” — Stephen King
3. “I cannot trust a man to control others who cannot control himself.” — Robert E. Lee
4. “You believe lies so you can eventually learn to trust no one but yourself.” — Marilyn Monroe
5. “Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters.” — Albert Einstein
6. “A body of men holding themselves accountable to nobody ought not to be trusted by anybody.” — Thomas Paine
7. “Trust is like a mirror. You can fix it if it’s broken, but you can still see the crack in that motherfucker’s reflection.” — Lady Gaga
8. “Trust is hard to come by. That’s why my circle is small and tight. I’m kind of funny about making new friends.” — Eminem
9. “Not everyone can be trusted. I think we all have to be very selective about the people we trust.” — Shelley Long
10. “You can’t trust a promise someone makes while they’re drunk, in love, hungry, or running for office.” — Joe Moore
Trust No One Quotes About Love
11. “Never trust your tongue when your heart is bitter.” — Samuel J. Hurwitt
12. “To be trusted is a greater compliment than being loved.” — George MacDonald
13. “Love all, trust a few.” — William Shakespeare
14. “Trust gets you killed, love gets you hurt and being real gets you hated.” — Johnny Cash
15. “Love is unknown. To open the heart in trust is unknown.” — Don Miguel Ruiz
16. “Love cannot live where there is no trust.” — Edith Hamilton
17. “I do not trust people who don’t love themselves and yet tell me, ‘I love you.’” Maya Angelou
18. “You may not always trust the people you love, but you can always love the people you trust.” — Unknown
19. “After all, damn it, what does being in love mean if you can’t trust a person.” — Evelyn Waugh
20. “Trust is the glue of life. It’s the most essential ingredient in effective communication. It’s the foundational principle that holds all relationships.” — Stephen R. Covey
Wise trust no one quotes
21. “Don’t trust what you see. Even salt looks like sugar.” — Unknown
22. “Trust no one at your back unless you want them to bury a knife in it.” — Sherrilyn Kenyon
23. “Trust is hard to earn and it can be ten times harder to earn back once broken.” — Unknown
24. “I don’t trust words, I trust actions.” — Unknown
25. “Every day is just like April Fool’s day. You should not believe and trust in anyone.” — Unknown
26. “Trust nobody and nothing from the press. They are set up to tell lies whenever it benefits them.” — Unknown
27. “Trust no one because life is full of fake people.” — Unknown
28. “I trust no one, not even myself.” — Joseph Stalin
29. “Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can’t see where it keeps its brain.” — J. K. Rowling
30. “Don’t be satisfied with stories, how things have gone with others. Unfold your own myth.” — Rumi
Trust no one quotes about trusting others
31. “Anyone who says ‘I am not supposed to tell anyone but should not be trusted.” — Unknown
32. “Sometimes you don’t know who you can and cannot trust. I still learn that over and over again.” — Demi Lovato
33. “It’s good to trust others but, not to do so is much better.” — Benito Mussolini
34. “To trust people is a luxury in which only the wealthy can indulge; the poor cannot afford it.” — E. M. Forster
35. “Only trust thyself, and another shall not betray thee.” — William Penn
36. “We are all selfish and I no more trust myself than others with a good motive.” — Lord Byron
37. “It is important not to trust people too much.” — V. S. Naipaul
38. “Don’t waste your energy trying to change opinions… do your thing, and don’t care if they like it.” — Tina Fey
39. “To be a champ you have to believe in yourself when nobody else will.” — Sugar Ray Robinson
40. “I got trust issues because people got lying issues.”
Trust no one quotes about trusting yourself
41. “If you’re going to trust one person, let it be yourself.” — Robert Tew
42. “As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live.” — Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
43. “Trust yourself, you have survived a lot, and you will survive whatever is coming.” — Anonymous
44. “Never trust your fears. They don’t know your strength.” — Anonymous
45. “Trust yourself, you know more than you think you do.” — Dr. Benjamin Spock
46. “Self-trust is the first secret of success.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
47. “Trust thyself; every heart vibrates to that iron string.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
48. “Self-trust is the essence of heroism.” — James Allen
49. “Trust yourself. Create the kind of self that you’ll be happy to live with all your life. Make the most of yourself by fanning the tiny, inner sparks of possibility into flames of achievement.” — Olda Meir
50. “The more you believed in yourself, the more you could trust yourself. The more you trust yourself, the less you compare yourself to others.” — Roy T. Bennett
Trust No One Quotes To Trust Your Gut More
51. “I don’t trust anybody. Not anybody. And the more that I care about someone, the more sure I am they’re going to get tired of me and take off.” ― Rainbow Rowell
52. “Never trust anyone who wants what you’ve got. Friend or no, envy is an overwhelming emotion.” ― Eubie Blake
53. “Don’t trust anyone. Be a cold fish. I hurt no one. And no one can hurt me.” ― Adeline Yen Mah
54. “Where large sums of money are concerned, it is advisable to trust nobody.” ― Agatha Christie
55. “Trust no one unless you have eaten much salt with him.” ― Marcus Tullius Cicero
56. “Health, contentment and trust are your greatest possessions, and freedom your greatest joy. Look within. Be still.” ― Buddha
57. “Like everybody and trust no one.” ― Lauren Conrad
58. “Keep your promises and be consistent. Be the kind of person others can trust.” ― Roy T. Bennett
59. “Never trust a man who speaks well of everybody.” ― John Churton Collins
60. “Trust your hunches. They’re usually based on facts filed away just below the conscious level.” ― Joyce Brothers
What it means to trust yourself
Trusting yourself is a critical step to trusting anyone else.
You must have faith in your own thought process and instincts.
It is also helpful, to be honest with yourself about how much you really know about a subject, versus what you might have heard from someone else.
For instance, if you know nothing about cars and your friend (who also knows nothing about cars), swears your problem is an alternator issue you might want to seek an expert.
Not because this person is “untrustworthy,” but because the knowledge they have might be unreliable.
Take the car to a mechanic.
Or at the very minimum google different reputable mechanic sites and see if you get the same response from multiple sources when searching your issue.
It is tempting to assume we know more than we think we do… but it is a dangerous and costly slope.
Have any other trust no one quotes and sayings you want to add to the list?
You can leave them in the comment section below.
September 26, 2022 5:00 AM EST