Rayagada: At least two big shops were gutted in a massive fire in Odisha’s Rayagada district on Friday evening. Property worth more than Rs 3 crore was burnt to ashes in this fire, it was claimed.
According to information, a fire broke out in a medical warehouse and a hardware store yesterday around 12:30 at night. Both the shops are located adjacent to Kapilas road of Rayagada town. Natraj Hardware and Param Jyoti Medical Store suffered the fire.
On receiving information, two fire tenders, one each from Rayagada and Kolnar, rushed to the spot and doused the blaze. However, the fire was so big that the firefighters made about 4 hours of intensive efforts to put out the flames.
According to reports, a short circuit is the likely cause of the fire.