Anticipating the weekend?
You’re not alone.
Below, we’ve got a ton of weekend quotes to prepare you for the relaxation and fun that comes with Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
What’s your favorite weekend memory?
Throughout the workweek, the weekend seems just out of arm’s reach.
From Monday morning to Friday afternoon you’re trudging through the quicksand of work.
Once the weekend finally hits, it moves so quickly that it’s hard to relish in the relaxation.
At Everyday Power, we are here to deliver positive weekend vibes that encourage you to sit back, relax, and engage in some much-needed self-care over the weekend.
Don’t forget to also check out our list of Dazed and Confused quotes that will help make your weekend more interesting.
Funny weekend quotes
1. “Nobody wants to give up a weekend-long excuse to dress up and attempt to outshine one another.” – Elizabeth Eulberg
2. “Unless it’s an emergency, don’t bother me after 6:00 p.m. and on weekends.” – Merv Griffin
3. “Weekends don’t pay as well as weekdays but at least there’s football.” – S.A. Sachs
4. “Life is a wretched gray Saturday, but it has to be lived through.” – Anthony Burgess
5. “Always strive to excel, but only on weekends.” – Richard Rorty
6. “Hands up if you’re ready to do something you’ll regret this weekend. Go forth! You have my blessing.” – Florence Welch
7. “Old timers, weekends, and airplane landings are alike. If you can walk away from them, they’re successful.” – Casey Stengel
8. “Weekends don’t count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless.” – Bill Watterson
Inspirational weekend quotes
9. “I am always happy to meet my friend, and my friend is my weekend.” – Debasish Mridha
10. “The only reason why we ask other people how their weekend was is so we can tell them about our own weekend.” – Chuck Palahniuk
11. “Be in the habit of getting up bright and early on the weekends. Why waste such precious time in bed?” – Marilyn Vos Savant
12. “There is little chance that meteorologists can solve the mysteries of weather until they gain an understanding of the mutual attraction of rain and weekends.” – Arnot Sheppard
13. “When you’re young, you should live out every weekend. Even if you look like a scarecrow, you just gotta go!” – Jonathan Brandis
14. “Weekend planning is a prime time to apply the Deathbed Priority Test: On your deathbed, will you wish you’d spent more prime weekend hours grocery shopping or walking in the woods with your kids?” – Hal Borland
15. “Without the weekend, where would the week be?” – Anthony T. Hincks
16. “Take the time to do what you love to do this weekend.” – Catherine Pulsifer
17. “Does your life have a purpose? Are you contributing anything useful to this world, or just shuffling papers, banging on a keyboard, and coming home to a drunken existence on the weekends?” – Tim Ferriss
Weekend quotes about relaxation
18. “Sunday clears away the rust of the whole week.” – Joseph Addison
19. “A Sunday well spent brings a week of content.” – Proverb
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Sunday quotes to honor this special day of the week.
20. “I’m learning the power of going away for the weekend and keeping myself company.” – Zoe Saldana
21. “You know what I want to do? Wake up one weekend and not have to go anywhere and do nothing.” – Derek Jeter
22. “Music always sounds better on Friday.” – Lou Brutus
23. “The feeling of Sunday is the same everywhere, heavy, melancholy, standing still.” – Jean Rhys
24. “Every man has a right to a Saturday night bath.” – Lyndon B. Johnson
25. “A wild and crazy weekend involves sitting on the front porch, smoking a cigar, reading a book.” – Robert M. Gates
26. “I have to be alone very often. I’d be quite happy if I spent from Saturday night until Monday morning alone in my apartment. That’s how I refuel.” – Audrey Hepburn
You might also like these party quotes that remind you to celebrate life.
More weekend quotes to inspire relaxation
27. “Oh, I just want what we all want: a comfortable couch, a nice beverage, a weekend of no distractions and a book that will stop time, lift me out of my quotidian existence and alter my thinking forever.” – Elizabeth Gilbert
28. “It’s a fine line between Saturday night and Sunday morning.” – Jimmy Buffett
29. “Weekends are sacred for me. They’re the perfect time to relax and spend time with family and friends.” – Marcus Samuelsson
30. “I respect the fact that people have worked hard all week and want to go to the movies on the weekend and be entertained.” – Michael Moore
31. “No weekend, all weakened.” – Toba Beta
32. “After luncheon the sun, conscious that it was Saturday, would blaze an hour longer in the zenith…” – Marcel Proust
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Saturday quotes that will encourage you to have a fantastic day.
33. “Weekends are about replenishment and rejuvenation.” – Neil Morrissey
34. “There are 365 days and 52 weekends in a year. Even if you are short on time off, you can still take weekend getaways. Does that count as a vacation? Of course it does.” – Anita Kaltenbaugh
Weekend quotes about self care
35. “Why wait for the weekend to have fun?” – Loesje
36. “I believe that it is a mandatory Law of the Universe that on Fridays, you have to do something a little fun.” – Hanna Rhoades
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Friday quotes to help you reflect on an amazing week.
37. “We must treat ourselves with care, respect and compassion before we can effectively extend these things to others.” ― Kristi Bowman
38. “Most people are in a factory from nine till five. Their job may be to turn out 263 little circles. At the end of the week they’re three short and somebody has a go at them. On Saturday afternoons they deserve something to go and shout about.” – Rodney Marsh
39. “Weekends are special even if your schedule is all over the place. Something tells you the weekend has arrived, and you can indulge yourself a bit.” – Helen Mirren
40. “Great things do not have to be big things, they may be small things that make a great difference in one person’s life.” – Catherine Pulsifer
41. “Self-care is how you take your power back.” – Lalah Delia
42. “Your time is way too valuable to be wasting on people that can’t accept who you are.” ― Turcois Ominek
43. “Nourishing yourself in a way that helps you blossom in the direction you want to go is attainable, and you are worth the effort.” ― Deborah Day
44. “You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.” – Buddha
45. “Why not try to relax your troubled mind by taking a walk in the park, or going on a weekend hiking trip with family or friends and enjoy the view? It can surely do wonders for a tired mind and soul.” – E.L. Herndon
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of hiking quotes that will tap into the adventurer within you.
46. “I try to treat each evening and weekend as little slices of retirement because no one is guaranteed a lengthy one at the end of their career.” – Mike Hammar
If you’re enjoying these quotes, read our collection of retirement quotes, celebrating the end of your professional career.
Weekend quotes about how time flies
47. “Weekends are a bit like rainbows; they look good from a distance but disappear when you get up close to them.” – John Shirley
48. “There aren’t enough days in the weekend.” – Rod Schmidt
49. “The bad news is time flies. The good news is you’re the pilot.” – Michael Althsuler
50. “Sunday evenings often feel like the weekend is over before it’s even begun.” – Catherine McCormack
More weekend quotes
51. “When you are unemployed, weekends are seven days long.” – Mokokoma Mokhonoana
52. “Sundays are like confetti floating in the air in slow motion, in the evening they reach the ground and you hope a bit of wind could blow on them so they could fly a bit longer.” – Alain Bremond-Torrent
53. “Always take some of the play, fun, freedom and wonder of the weekend into your week & your work.” – Rasheed Ogunlaru
54. “Weekends welcome warriors for social fun that starts on Friday. Share, Like, comment, and friend. Netiquette.” – David Chiles
55. “Saturday’s the world is a better place again.” – Golden Flower
56. “Happiness is a hot bath on a Sunday afternoon.” – A.D. Posey
57. “Weekends are an employee’s parole.” – Mokokoma Mokhonoana
58. “Weekends are life’s gift to those who hate their jobs.” – Mokokoma Mokhonoana
59. “Let the Good vibe Sunday well spent to bring us a week of content.” – Napz Cherub Pellazo
60. “Freedom begins where work ends- the realm of freedom is after hours, on the weekend, on vacation, and not at work.” – Peter Frase
Weekend quotes to inspire relaxation
61. “cozy+smell of pancakes-alarm clock=weekend” -Amy Krouse Rosenthal
62. “Although I understand that all days are equal with 24 hours each, most of us agree that Friday is the longest day of the week and Sunday the shortest!” -D.S. Mixell
63. “My Sunday is a leisure day in which I encourage myself to forget the responsibilities of my workdays and engage honestly with my friends and loved ones.” -Srinivas Mishra
64. “The weekend will always be hidden between days.” -Anthony T. Hincks
65. “The weekends are too short for sleep!” -Bryant A. Loney
66. “Typically a weekend retreat for the heart, soul and palate, brunch is the perfect way to unwind and reconnect.” -Marcela Valladolid
67. “If you find yourself waiting for the weekend to approach, then it means that you are not happy for at least five days a week.” -Rakshit Shetty
68. “The rhythm of the weekend, with its birth, its planned gaieties, and its announced end, followed the rhythm of life and was a substitute for it.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
69. “Fridays are the hardest in some ways: you’re so close to freedom.” – Lauren Oliver
70. “Pretend like it’s the weekend, … We could pretend it all the time.” – Jack Johnson
Weekend quotes for that much deserved rest
71. “Love me like Saturday night, like three glasses of champagne, like the room is spinning, like you’re drunk on my love.” ― C.J. Carlyon
72. “You put the, ‘Sun’ into my day. Happy Sunday!” ― Anthony T. Hincks
73. “I work mostly during the week, and on the weekend I get to hang out with friends, so it balances out pretty well.” – Jimmy Bennett
74. “Men are simple things. They can survive a whole weekend with only three things: beer, boxer shorts, and batteries for the remote control.” – Diana Jordan
75. “Sunday! A family day with a touch of weekend thrown in for good measure.” — Anthony T. Hincks
76. “I don’t have a high-powered life out of work. I like to go to the country for the weekend with the kids and the dog and play tennis. I am very good at turning off.” — Anna Wintour
77. “Give a man a fish and he has food for a day; teach him how to fish and you can get rid of him for the entire weekend.” — Zenna Schaffer
78. “The weekend is a time for nos – no alarm clock, no rushing, no urgent phone calls, no working nights!” — Catherine Puslifer
79. “This weekend don’t think about Monday, it will come soon enough.” — Robert Rivers
80. “If you find you are stressed out during the week, then it is even more important that you focus on what you want to do for the weekend, don’t bring work home.” — Kate Summers
Weekend quotes to remind you to relax and rejuvenate
81. “Saturday is the mightiest day of the week. It’s unshakably, overwhelmingly superior. Not only is it a day off of school, but the following day is also a day off, like some kind of Super Saiyan bargain sale.” ― Wataru Watari
82. “Don’t worry about letting the dogs out. It’s Friday! Let them have a great weekend, too.” ― Anthony T. Hincks
83. “Entrepreneurs don’t have weekends or birthdays or holidays. Every day is my weekend, my birthday, my holiday. OR, every day is my work day. Mostly it’s a choice.” ― Richie Norton
84. “How do I like to spend my day off? I like to hit up the juice bar, the bookstore, tan, and then flirt with the pharmacy tech at Walmart.” ― Crystal Woods
85. “Each of us experiences defeats in life. We can transform defeat into victory if we learn from life’s whuppings.” — Les Brown
86. “Spend some time this weekend on home improvement. Improve your attitude toward your family.” ― Bo Bennett
87. “The weekend is usually seen as a time for relaxation, or a time to do what you wanted to do through the week but couldn’t, or a time to catch up on needed sleep, or a time to visit with family and friends.” — Byron Pulsifer
88. “It’s not that we spend five days looking forward to just two. It’s that most people do what they enjoy most on those two days. Imagine living a life where every day is your Saturdays and Sundays. Make every day your weekend. Make every day a play day.” ― James Murphy
89. “The sun shines brightest on Fridays because it knows that the weekend is here.” ― Anthony T. Hincks
90. They live for the weekends when they can go do what they really want to do.” ― Richard Nelson Bolles
Weekend quotes for a wonderful weekend
91. “It’s okay if every weekend doesn’t lead to big moments and campfires and laughter that carries on for hours and hours. Some weekends might be quiet, still, with plenty of room to contemplate. And in that contemplation room, there is room to grow.” – Morgan Harper Nichols
92. “Those who continue to work at a job they hate for the money alone are more likely to be stressed and very unhappy. They live for their vacations and weekends. Unfortunately, they are sadly missing out on the happiness of everyday life.” – Catherine Pulsifer
93. “Being in love is what makes working all week bearable. It makes cruising with your windows rolled down feel like you’re riding in a convertible. It makes you dance to the rhythm of the copy machine and makes Friday night feel like The Weekend.” – Julie Hintz
94. “I’ve always loved the ‘Weekend Update’ people.” – Chevy Chase
95. “In an ideal world, I’d spend every weekend at my home in Zermatt in Switzerland.” – Vanessa Mae
96. “I’m learning the power of going away for the weekend and keeping myself company.” – Zoe Saldana
97. “Oh, I put on my shoes and I’m ready for the weekend.” – Calvin Harris
98. “It’s gonna be a rock and roll weekend, eight o’clock’s when the show begins.” – Sammy Hagar
99. “Making food is a wonderful way to spend a Friday night.” – Chrissy Teigen
100. “Sunday, the day for the language of leisure.” ― Elfriede Jelinek
Weekend Quotes To Help You Enjoy A Productive One
101. “It’s not about an opening weekend. It’s about a career, building a set of films you’re proud of. Period.” — George Clooney
102. “I write on weekends, on vacation, and, really – on deadlines and on my floor. Both terrible for the back.” — Sloane Crosley
103. “Stand-up for me is usually a weekend thing. I go out of town and just do it.” — Chris Hardwick
104. “I stand before you a weekend version of your reflection begging for direction, for my soul needs resurrection.” — DMX
105. “No one is worth wasting a gorgeous weekend over.” — Susane Colasanti
106. “The weekend’s here, started it right. Even if I only get part of it right.” — Drake
107. “There are people who love on weekends to go out when the sun comes out. I just want to lie in bed and watch sports and relax.” — Juan Pablo Galavis
108. “And the insidious thing is that people will either see a movie because it did well last weekend or won’t see it because it didn’t do well.” — Meg Ryan
109. “Joan organizes our social life, and on weekends I follow her around.” — Robert B. Parker
110. “In the evenings I studied chemistry at the University of Chicago, the weekends I helped in the family store.” — Jack Steinberger
Did these weekend quotes inspire you to make time for self-care?
After a hectic workweek, weekends are often spent playing catch up.
You’re often catching up with friends and family, engaging in haircare/skincare routines, and doing household chores (i.e. laundry). With so many things to do, it can be hard to find relaxation.
Whether it’s an hour of time or an entire day, make sure that you are scheduling self-care.
Leave a substantial amount of time open in your schedule to do things that make you happy.
I have learned that having true relaxation time prevents burnout and keeps me powered up for the coming workweek.
Which of these weekend quotes and sayings is your favorite?
What are your weekend plans?
Let us know in the comments section below!