100 Collaboration Quotes on Partnership, Teamwork & Success
Sometimes teamwork really does make the dream work.
Tell us in the comments below which of these collaboration quotes is your favorite.
Collaboration is a popular buzzword these days.
Corporations and organizations encourage employees to share ideas, work together and integrate their efforts.
The open office environment, which seems to get more popular from year to year, is designed on the principle of collaboration.
Everyone may not agree, but those behind the open office concept believe that the absence of walls and dividers facilitates conversations and interactions as well as foster a sharing spirit and collaborative attitude.
Whether this is true or effective in achieving the level of collaboration that its proponents profess, the fact is we typically accomplish more and attain greater results and benefits when we work together – when we indeed collaborate!
But collaboration is about so much more than a tool for achieving business goals or personal dreams.
Collaboration is about compassion, love, support, kindness, and the power that we gain when we share with each other and lean on each other.
As we watched experts and volunteers from across the world come together to rescue 12 young men and their coach from a flooded cave in Thailand, we witnessed a clear display of compassion, and a heart-warming demonstration of loving support played out via the power of collaboration in defying the odds and winning!
So, let’s focus on the true meaning, spirit, and value that we gain when we collaborate as can be gleaned from these empowering quotes on collaboration.
We also have a collection of motivational quotes for employees.
Check that out too.
Empowering collaboration quotes
1. “Alone we can do so little. Together we can do so much.” – Helen Keller
2. “Synergy – the bonus that is achieved when things work together harmoniously.” – Mark Twain
3. “Collaboration allows us to know more than we are capable of knowing by ourselves.” – Paul Solarz
4. “I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” – Mother Teresa
5. “Individually we are one drop; but together we are an ocean.” – Ryunosoke Satoro
6. “Politeness is the poison of collaboration.” — Edwin Land
7. “Great things in business are never done by one person; they’re done by a team of people.” – Steve Jobs
8. “Many ideas grow better when transplanted into another mind than the one where they sprang up. “— Oliver Wendell Holmes
9. “One man can be a crucial ingredient on a team, but one man cannot make a team.” – Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
10. “If a team is to reach its potential, each player must be willing to subordinate his personal goals to the good of the team.” – Bud Wilkinson
Inspirational collaboration quotes about teamwork
11. “Every sin is the result of a collaboration.” — Lucius Annaeus Seneca
12. “It is not only one person’s work, it’s really a partnership and collaboration during all these years.” — Christo
13. “Good design begins with honesty, asks tough questions, comes from collaboration and from trusting your intuition.” — Freeman Thomas
14. “Despair shows us the limit of our imagination. Imagination shared creates collaboration, and collaboration creates community, and community inspires social change.” – Terry Tempest Williams
15. “Collaboration is the essence of life. The wind, bees and flowers work together, to spread the pollen.” – Amit Ray
16. “Collaboration is much like a birth. The song that springs forth resembles each one of us to a degree, but it’s the kind of thing that would never be born from just one of us sitting down with a guitar.” – Grant-Lee Phillips
17. “When ‘I’ is replaced by “we” even ‘illness’ becomes ‘wellness’.” – Scharf
18. “Competition makes us faster, collaboration makes us better.” – Fyrefly
19. “Teamwork is the secret that makes common people achieve uncommon results.” – Ifeanyi Enoch Onuoha
20. “We can see that all the desirable experiences that we cherish or aspire to attain are dependent upon cooperation and interaction with other sentient beings.” – Dalai Lama
You might also like these inspiring team quotes about collaboration, determination and united success.
Collaboration quotes to inspire success
21. “If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else.” – Booker T. Washington
22. “No one can whistle a symphony. It takes a whole orchestra to play it.” – H.E. Luccock
23. “The best teamwork comes from men who are working independently toward one goal in unison.” – James Cash Penney
24. “It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.” – Harry Truman
25. “Collaboration is a key part of the success of any organization, executed through a clearly defined vision and mission and based on transparency and constant communication.” – Dinesh Paliwal
26. “I like working with people. I believe change can only come through collaboration.” – Alain de Botton
27. “Collaboration is an important part of the process, and ego is never a part of it.” – Mack Wilberg
28. “Individual commitment to a group effort–that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.” – Vince Lombardi
29. “Collaboration allows teachers to capture each other’s fund of collective intelligence.” –Mike Schmoker
30. “To me, teamwork is the beauty of our sport, where you have five acting as one. You become selfless.” – Mike Krzyzewski
Collaboration quotes to appreciate the power of teamwork
31. “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships.” – Michael Jordan
32. “Filmmaking is a miracle of collaboration.” – James McAvoy
33. “No matter how brilliant your mind or strategy, if you’re playing a solo game, you’ll always lose out to a team.” – Reid Hoffman
34. “It takes two flints to make a fire.” – Louisa May Alcott
35. “Collaboration has no hierarchy. The Sun collaborates with soil to bring flowers on the earth.” – Amit Ray
36. “Life is not a solo act. It’s a huge collaboration, and we all need to assemble around us the people who care about us and support us in times of strife.” — Tim Gunn
37. “When spiders unite, they can tie down a lion.”― Ethiopian Proverb
38. “The beauty of collaboration between older and younger generations is that we combine strength with wisdom—a surefire way to accomplish more for the glory of God.” ― Brett Harris
39. “Those who do not understand the power of collaboration always struggle for growth.”― Anuj Jasani
40. “A strong team can take any crazy vision and turn it into reality.” – John Carmack
Also, check out these team building quotes and sayings that promote working together.
Collaboration quotes to inspire greatness
41. “Collaboration gives the freedom to come out from the narrow scopes of life to the field of endless possibilities.”― Amit Ray
42. “In teamwork, silence isn’t golden. It’s deadly.” — Mark Sanborn
43. “Exclusivity detracts collaboration. Inclusivity attracts participation.”― Janna Cachola
44. “If you can laugh together, you can work together.” – Robert Orben
45. “A successful team is a group of many hands and one mind.” – Bill Bethel
46. “I believe, we can create a better world, a better tomorrow, if we work together. Don’t you?” ― Akiroq Brost
47. “There is no such thing as a self-made man. You will reach your goals only with the help of others.” — George Shinn
48. “Collaborate to innovate”― Winsor Jenkins
49. “Collaboration requires focusing on everything from vision and values to how individuals can feel they are making a real contribution.”― Jane Ripley
50. “Teamwork builds trust and trust builds speed.” — Russel Honore
Other inspirational collaboration quotes
51. “A clear purpose will unite you as you move forward, values will guide your behavior, and goals will focus your energy.”― Kenneth H. Blanchard
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of unity quotes about bringing people together.
52. “A good collaboration pushes the boundaries of both partners.” – Neil Blumenthal
53. “The fun for me in collaboration is, one, working with other people just makes you smarter; that’s proven.” – Lin-Manuel Miranda
54. “One way a collaboration can go wrong is if your connection is inauthentic or overly prescriptive.” – Mark Parker
55. “Creative collaboration is awesome.” – Alicia Silverstone
56. “Collaboration is the best way to work. It’s only way to work, really.” – Antony Starr
57. “I’m down to work with anyone as long as it’s an organic collaboration.” – Black Though
58. “Team collaboration comes when internal competition has left.”― Mario Maruffi
59. “When you need to innovate, you need collaboration.” – Marissa Mayer
60. “A group becomes a team when each member is sure enough of himself and his contribution to praise the skills of others.” – Norman Shidler
Also check out these community quotes that will make you understand that we are all connected to others.
More collaboration quotes and sayings
61. “Collaboration begins with focusing on the collective good rather than personal gain.”― Jane Ripley
62. “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships.” – Michael Jordan
63. “Teamwork begins by building trust. And the only way to do that is to overcome our need for invulnerability.” – Patrick Lencioni
64. “Genuine collaboration is an environment that promotes communication, learning, maximum contribution, and innovation.”― Jane Ripley
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of innovation quotes that will inspire you to find new successes by trying new things.
65. “Open collaboration encourages greater accountability, which in turn fosters trust.”
― Ron Garan
66. “An individual can make a change but a team can make a revolution.” – Amit Kalantri
67. “The key to fostering effective workplace collaboration is to be aware of the whole person.” – John Alejandro King
68. “Teamwork is not a game for the selfish. It is for those with the mindset that a win for one is a win for all.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
69. “Collaboration begins with mutual understanding and respect.” – Astronaut Ron Garan
70. “Collaboration is important not just because it’s a better way to learn. The spirit of collaboration is penetrating every institution and all of our lives. So learning to collaborate is part of equipping yourself for effectiveness, problem-solving, innovation and life-long learning in an ever-changing networked economy.” — Don Tapscott
Don’t forget to also check out our collection of Thursday quotes to inspire the end of your week.
Collaboration quotes about teamwork and the arts
71. “I think it is in collaboration that the nature of art is revealed.” — Steve Lacy
72. “It takes collaboration across a community to develop better skills for better lives.” — Jose Angel Gurria
73. “True public safety requires a collaboration between law enforcement and the community.” — Betsy Hodges
74. “Art is a collaboration between God and the artist, and the less the artist does the better.” — Andre Gide
75. “Unity is strength… When there is teamwork and collaboration, wonderful things can be achieved.” — Mattie Stepanek
76. “The whole point of collaboration is that you give and take from each other, and that’s how you create things that are totally new.” — Virgil Abloh
77. “Collaboration is like carbonation for fresh ideas. Working together bubbles up ideas you would not have come up with solo, which gets you further faster.” — Caroline Ghosn
78. “Collaboration is key, it takes innovation and creativity to the next room.”― Shawn Lukas
79. “As you navigate through the rest of your life, be open to collaboration. Other people and other people’s ideas are often better than your own. Find a group of people who challenge and inspire you, spend a lot of time with them, and it will change your life.” — Amy Poehler
80. “If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.” – Isaac Newton
Collaboration quotes to help you work as a team
81. “No individual can win a game by himself.” — Pele
82. “Bad attitudes will ruin your team.” — Terry Bradshaw
83. “The speed of the boss is the speed of the team.” — Lee Laccoca
84. “A core group of guys, all sharing similar goals, can move mountains.” ― Chris Matakas
85. “If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself.” — Henry Ford
86. “A team is more than a collection of people. It is a process of give and take.” — Barbara Glacel
87. “Great teamwork is the only way we create the breakthroughs that define our careers.” — Pat Riley
88. “To me, teamwork is the beauty of our sport, where you have five acting as one. You become selfless.” — Mike Kryzewski
89. “There is immense power when a group of people with similar interests gets together to work toward the same goals.” — Idowu Koyenikan
90. “Teamwork is the ability to work together toward a common vision. The ability to direct individual accomplishments toward organizational objectives. It is the fuel that allows common people to attain uncommon results.” — Andrew Carnegie
Collaboration Quotes To Encourage You Into Teamwork
91. “Collaboration and augmentation are the foundational principles of innovation.” — Vaclav Smil
92. “None of us, including me, ever do great things. But we can all do small things, with great love, and together we can do something wonderful.” — Mother Teresa
93. “Collaboration means working toward a goal; collectivism means a socialist style support group that “shares the wealth.” ― Brett Stevens
94. “The hardest problems of pure and applied science can only be solved by the open collaboration of the worldwide scientific community.” — Kenneth G Wilson
95. “It is the long history of humankind (and animal kind, too) that those who learned to collaborate and improvise most effectively have prevailed.” — Charles Darwin
96. “Every collaboration helps you grow. With Bowie, it’s different every time. I know how to create settings, unusual aural environments. That inspires him. He’s very quick.” — Brian Eno
97. “Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success.” — Henry Ford
98. “Working with others is, in my mind, the future of business. You have a larger audience, more ideas, shared risk, shared workload and you will be getting a portion of something greater than had you done it alone.” — Seth Nichol
99. “Collaborate with people you can learn from.” — Pharrell
100. “Our method was to develop integrated products, and that meant our process had to be integrated and collaborative” — Steve Jobs
Collaboration Quotes To Prove Teams Can Achieve More
101. “Enlightenment is living in the light of cosmic collaboration.” ― Amit Ray
102. “Many hands make light work.” — John Heywood
103. “To build a strong team, you must see someone else’s strength as a complement to your weakness and not a threat to your position or authority.” — Christine Caine
104. “The way a team plays as a whole determines its success. You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they don’t play together, the club won’t be worth a dime.” — George Herman
105. “The main ingredient of stardom is the rest of the team.” — John Wooden
106. “Surround yourself with a trusted and loyal team. It makes all the difference.” — Alison Pincus
107. “We talk a lot about hope, helping, and teamwork. Our whole message is that we are more powerful together.” — Victoria Osteen
108. “Teams share the burden and divide the grief.” — Doug Smith
109. “Strategy is not a solo sport, even if you’re the CEO.” — Max McKeown
111. “Teamwork makes the dream work.” — Bang Gae
Which collaboration quotes were your favorite?
Collaboration is more than a trend or a buzzword.
Collaboration should be the cornerstone (the supporting pillar) of our society.
We won’t always agree on how to do something, when to do it or why it’s important to do it.
We don’t all possess the same talents, interests, or desires.
We don’t all have the same types or levels of experiences.
We all don’t have the same background, training, or frame of reference.
But, if we all open up and
a.) Give a little from our hearts,
b.) Share a bit of our knowledge,
c.) Treat each other with great respect, and
e.) Be willing to receive as much as we share and give; then, maybe, just maybe we can make this collaboration thing a truly empowering way of life!
So, did you enjoy these collaboration quotes?
Which of the quotes on collaboration was your favorite?
Share with us in the comment section below.